The Student Room Group

interior design ant kingston school of art

hiya :smile:
I have an offer to study interior design at Kingston and I just wanted to know if anyone was on the course could tell me a bit more about it, the subject matter, workload, days in per week ect and how its going for them . thank you :smile:
Original post by Bowka
hiya :smile:
I have an offer to study interior design at Kingston and I just wanted to know if anyone was on the course could tell me a bit more about it, the subject matter, workload, days in per week ect and how its going for them . thank you :smile:

Hi @Bowka

Congratulations on your offer! I don't personally study interior design here at Kingston but I do have a friend who does so I asked her about the hours and workload. They said they have 23 hours of contact study a week (lectures, workshops, tutorials etc) and then how much independent study you do varies but they guessed around 8 hours a week.

I also study on the Kingston School of Art campus (Knights Park) and find it a really creative environment, with a river running by the campus and being surrounded by so many other creative students. The facilities are great, there lots of workshops that anyone can use no matter what course you study so you can get really creative.

I would really recommend coming to an open day if you have not already as you will get the chance to see all the facilities for yourself, talk to students who study the course and lecturers and get a feel of what it is like to study at Kingston. Our next open day is Wednesday 12th June.

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask any more question you may have :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Reply 2
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi @Bowka
Congratulations on your offer! I don't personally study interior design here at Kingston but I do have a friend who does so I asked her about the hours and workload. They said they have 23 hours of contact study a week (lectures, workshops, tutorials etc) and then how much independent study you do varies but they guessed around 8 hours a week.
I also study on the Kingston School of Art campus (Knights Park) and find it a really creative environment, with a river running by the campus and being surrounded by so many other creative students. The facilities are great, there lots of workshops that anyone can use no matter what course you study so you can get really creative.
I would really recommend coming to an open day if you have not already as you will get the chance to see all the facilities for yourself, talk to students who study the course and lecturers and get a feel of what it is like to study at Kingston. Our next open day is Wednesday 12th June.
I hope this helps, and feel free to ask any more question you may have :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)

thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest