The Student Room Group

Am I mean to my mum?

I got angry because she left a substance off the bathroom floor that looked gross and said I’m not cleaning it- and mentioned another thing that I found unsettling. She got cross, called me naurotic. So I tried not to get angry back and went to another room to calm down, then she followed me telling me about dinner and at that moment I didn’t care, I make my own- so I just ignored her because I was angry with her comment earlier because I felt my feeling about the mess in the bathroom was valid. She started shouting at me and tried to take my phone. Then called me a snotty *****. I only reacted when she started shouting- now I’ve upset her and it’s my fault for mentioning something that she would get cross with me about ie leaving a mess.

Was I mean? I’m hopefully going back to uni in September but I find her so aggressive whenever I mention something to her about the house.
Original post by Anonymous
I got angry because she left a substance off the bathroom floor that looked gross and said I’m not cleaning it- and mentioned another thing that I found unsettling. She got cross, called me naurotic. So I tried not to get angry back and went to another room to calm down, then she followed me telling me about dinner and at that moment I didn’t care, I make my own- so I just ignored her because I was angry with her comment earlier because I felt my feeling about the mess in the bathroom was valid. She started shouting at me and tried to take my phone. Then called me a snotty *****. I only reacted when she started shouting- now I’ve upset her and it’s my fault for mentioning something that she would get cross with me about ie leaving a mess.
Was I mean? I’m hopefully going back to uni in September but I find her so aggressive whenever I mention something to her about the house.

I wouldn’t say you’re mean, I would just say you’re clearly frustrated and sometimes she pushes you over the edge.

It really depends on your relationship with your mum and how your mum is to be honest. I would suggest just ignoring it and trying not to argue back as she seems to get upset when you argue back and more angry.

Quick Reply