The Student Room Group

gcses help

hi,
does anyone have any advice on reducing stress and anxiety for exams. I've been really worried and it caused me to mess up my speaking exam and i just don't want stress to take over again and mess up my other exams.
thanks!
Original post by amelia2728181383
hi,
does anyone have any advice on reducing stress and anxiety for exams. I've been really worried and it caused me to mess up my speaking exam and i just don't want stress to take over again and mess up my other exams.
thanks!

I know this is really obvious, but breathing in and out (+ holding your breath) really works!
It distracts you from the stress of speaking and lets you clear your mind for a while.

Before my exams I like to:

Breathe in (5 sec)
Hold (5 sec)
Breathe out (3 sec)
Hold (3 sec)

And repeat twice!

I wish you all the best during your speaking! Stay positive and hope you're having a wonderful day. :smile:
Original post by amelia2728181383
hi,
thanks!
Night before - dont be cramming, watch a movie and just switch off like ditch ur phone, dont be talking to ppl abt how nervous u are or whatever.

before the exam- stand by urself/in small groups, avoid standing with big groups of ppl bcs does genuinley stress u out more. Its useful to prepare flashcards so u can have a quick scan over before whilst standing away in a quiet space.

Also talking to parents/ ppl close to u, even teachers and expressing ur nerves they always have some positive words thatll make u feel x10 better

remember that you can do this, that youve been preparing and working so hard for these and its no different to a regular class test essentially just the fact its in a hall but thats it stay positiveee limit ur negative thoughts! Good luck queen uve got this x

Quick Reply