The Student Room Group

Student finance urgent help

Had nothing but trouble with student finance.
Finally got approved and got a letter saying what amount of money I would be receiving and such. Then today annoyingly I get a letter saying they can’t verify my National insurance number (I gave correct information.) The letter says to simply sign and date as well as provide proof, so I enclosed a photocopy of my NI form in the letter. Was that the right thing to do and now will it finally be sorted?
Original post by someonesomewher
Had nothing but trouble with student finance.
Finally got approved and got a letter saying what amount of money I would be receiving and such. Then today annoyingly I get a letter saying they can’t verify my National insurance number (I gave correct information.) The letter says to simply sign and date as well as provide proof, so I enclosed a photocopy of my NI form in the letter. Was that the right thing to do and now will it finally be sorted?

Hi there,

This is normal if you're applying for the first time with us. Once we receive your evidence back with the form we will check your details again with The Department of Works and Pensions (DWP). Once the national insurance number has been validated we can then update your account.

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
This is normal if you're applying for the first time with us. Once we receive your evidence back with the form we will check your details again with The Department of Works and Pensions (DWP). Once the national insurance number has been validated we can then update your account.
Thanks,
Claire

So the photocopy is sufficient evidence?
Original post by someonesomewher
So the photocopy is sufficient evidence?

Yes, this should be fine.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply