Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm kind of stuck on my options...so i'd like people's experiences with the following subjects:

Textiles or Graphics?
    P.E or Geography?

ReputationRep:
    How many options are you allowed to choose?

In my opinion, graphics would be better than textiles. Not sure about PE and geography though.

When choosing your options you don't have to choose what you don't like to do.

ReputationRep:
    If I was you i'd chose Geography over Pe and Graphics over textiles as they're more academic.. but chose whatever you like the most.. that's the most important thing. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really matter to be honest.

Geography's clearly more academic but if you do PE instead it won't close many doors.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it doesn't really matter at GCSE. Just choose the subjects you prefer and/or are better at.

ReputationRep:
    Ah but the problem is i wouldn't mind doing either as i enjoy both so i'm really looking out for whichever will be easier...
    there is also the option of doing classics in the geog and p.e option block

with textiles or graphics i quite like graphics but practically everyone i have spoken to have said its a nightmare!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spoon)
    Ah but the problem is i wouldn't mind doing either as i enjoy both so i'm really looking out for whichever will be easier...
    there is also the option of doing classics in the geog and p.e option block

with textiles or graphics i quite like graphics but practically everyone i have spoken to have said its a nightmare!
    Well, I dropped all those subjects at the end of Year 9, so I can't comment on how hard they are. I would have thought geography would be harder than PE, but then it depends what you're good at. As for the graphics, don't let other people put you off- if you enjoy it and you're reasonably good at it, you'll find it OK. What other people find a nightmare could be just right for you, and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest what are the others you were going to pick?

I'd recommend history at gcse, I thought it was really good and it is one of the most academic gcse subjects so that looks good.
    How many option choices do you have? I had 4.

ReputationRep:
    ok well here's the rest
    Core subjects (including separate sciences)
    French
    ICT
    One Tech Subject ( Food, Textiles, Graphics or RMT)

then choose any three of the following:
    History (yes)
    R.s (yes)
    Geography
    P.E
    Classics
    Art
    Second Language

ReputationRep:
    just thought i'd add that i will most likely be taking sciences at A level

ReputationRep:
    I think it doesn't matter what courses you take since you are doing sciecne.

ReputationRep:
    I did GCSE geography, and found it easy. Some universities also class Geography as a science subject, so it could help if your interested in science. I took food tech, and it was REALLY easy, so if you want an easy option, choose it! Also, you must take at least one language, as some universities matriculation requirements, are a language at GCSE and without one they may not look at your application.
    *Just saw you have chose french, sorry,

ReputationRep:
    Some uni's want subject with more than 50% writing stuff and non-vocational subjects, and geography is classed as that too.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.