This discussion is closed.
Spoon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Ok I'm kind of stuck on my options...so i'd like people's experiences with the following subjects:

Textiles or Graphics?
P.E or Geography?
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How many options are you allowed to choose?

In my opinion, graphics would be better than textiles. Not sure about PE and geography though.

When choosing your options you don't have to choose what you don't like to do.
stratomaster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If I was you i'd chose Geography over Pe and Graphics over textiles as they're more academic.. but chose whatever you like the most.. that's the most important thing. :cool:
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It doesn't really matter to be honest.

Geography's clearly more academic but if you do PE instead it won't close many doors.
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
To be honest, it doesn't really matter at GCSE. Just choose the subjects you prefer and/or are better at.
Spoon
Rep:
?
Ah but the problem is i wouldn't mind doing either as i enjoy both so i'm really looking out for whichever will be easier...
there is also the option of doing classics in the geog and p.e option block

with textiles or graphics i quite like graphics but practically everyone i have spoken to have said its a nightmare!
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Spoon)
Ah but the problem is i wouldn't mind doing either as i enjoy both so i'm really looking out for whichever will be easier...
there is also the option of doing classics in the geog and p.e option block

with textiles or graphics i quite like graphics but practically everyone i have spoken to have said its a nightmare!
Well, I dropped all those subjects at the end of Year 9, so I can't comment on how hard they are. I would have thought geography would be harder than PE, but then it depends what you're good at. As for the graphics, don't let other people put you off- if you enjoy it and you're reasonably good at it, you'll find it OK. What other people find a nightmare could be just right for you, and vice versa.
stratomaster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Out of interest what are the others you were going to pick?

I'd recommend history at gcse, I thought it was really good and it is one of the most academic gcse subjects so that looks good.
How many option choices do you have? I had 4.
Spoon
Rep:
?
ok well here's the rest
Core subjects (including separate sciences)
French
ICT
One Tech Subject ( Food, Textiles, Graphics or RMT)

then choose any three of the following:
History (yes)
R.s (yes)
Geography
P.E
Classics
Art
Second Language
Spoon
Rep:
?
just thought i'd add that i will most likely be taking sciences at A level
trev
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think it doesn't matter what courses you take since you are doing sciecne.
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I did GCSE geography, and found it easy. Some universities also class Geography as a science subject, so it could help if your interested in science. I took food tech, and it was REALLY easy, so if you want an easy option, choose it! Also, you must take at least one language, as some universities matriculation requirements, are a language at GCSE and without one they may not look at your application.
*Just saw you have chose french, sorry,
trev
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some uni's want subject with more than 50% writing stuff and non-vocational subjects, and geography is classed as that too.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (162)
24.96%
Better than expected (132)
20.34%
Worse than expected (355)
54.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed