The Student Room Group

Macbeth, AIC, ACC and power and conflict??? πŸ™

Anyone got any grade 9 quotes and analysis for Macbeth, AIC, ACC and power and conflict???
πŸ™ I need the zooming in and interpretations please! Thank you so much
i got an 8 in literature mocks but close to a nine.

what specific themes do you want?
Hey! English lit is in a few days help!! 😡 But for deeper analysis that sounds very fancy and adds context at the same time are biblical allusions! If you can link a quote from one of the texts to a sneaky bible quote it adds to your perceived understanding and also could add an alternative interpretation (what you need for level 6 writing on the aqa mark scheme) For example: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" - Exodus 18:22 for the witches in Macbeth or "We are all of one body" - Corithians for the Inspector in AIC. There are loads more if you can remember them all for the exam. I don't know if this was very helpful or not but good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by GracetheAce
Hey! English lit is in a few days help!! 😡 But for deeper analysis that sounds very fancy and adds context at the same time are biblical allusions! If you can link a quote from one of the texts to a sneaky bible quote it adds to your perceived understanding and also could add an alternative interpretation (what you need for level 6 writing on the aqa mark scheme) For example: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" - Exodus 18:22 for the witches in Macbeth or "We are all of one body" - Corithians for the Inspector in AIC. There are loads more if you can remember them all for the exam. I don't know if this was very helpful or not but good luck!

This is really helpful! Thanks! I'll be sure to find some and use them in my exams! :biggrin:

My advice is to watch Mr Salles on youtube. He's excellent, and makes videos for P&C, Macbeth, and An Inspector Calls. I managed to get 30/30 in my Power & Conflict just from watching ONE of his videos!
Original post by xAspect
This is really helpful! Thanks! I'll be sure to find some and use them in my exams! :biggrin:
My advice is to watch Mr Salles on youtube. He's excellent, and makes videos for P&C, Macbeth, and An Inspector Calls. I managed to get 30/30 in my Power & Conflict just from watching ONE of his videos!

That's so amazing, well done!! 😊
I love watching Mr. Salles' videos, they provide so much analysis, which is actually thoughtful and deep. I also like Mr. Bruff for quick bits of revision here and there too, his P&C videos are really helpful for deeper analysis of quotes!
Reply 5
That's so amazing, well done!! 😊
I love watching Mr. Salles' videos, they provide so much analysis, which is actually thoughtful and deep. I also like Mr. Bruff for quick bits of revision here and there too, his P&C videos are really helpful for deeper analysis of quotes!

Agreed, his analyses are always SO deep, like, how does he even come up with most of the stuff he says?? Definitely a master of his craft. Can't believe he does everything for free, but hey, I'm not complaining! :biggrin:
Reply 6

Do you know about the ACC quotes or predictions ? I'm always struggling in ACC T-T
Reply 7
Original post by _lilinx_
Do you know about the ACC quotes or predictions ? I'm always struggling in ACC T-T

I predict social responsibility might come up

Quick Reply