The Student Room Group

Quitting a job and feeling guilty

So I recently quit a job I had for 5 years and have been feeling very sad and guilty about it like physical symptoms of guilt and sadness.

My reason for leaving was because of such a high turn over of staff and being disrespected by team members and this being overlooked. I also felt like I just wasn’t happy overall and more and there has been a huge change in dynamics.
I also felt it was negatively impacting my mental health.
I know it was best for me but I can’t shake this feeling because I was friends with the boss and it was nothing to do with them. They have assured me they are not mad and I had to do what was best but I can’t shake the feeling and I’m also worried I’ll lose contact with the few people I had friendships with.

Any advice on how to get over this?
Original post by Anonymous
So I recently quit a job I had for 5 years and have been feeling very sad and guilty about it like physical symptoms of guilt and sadness.
My reason for leaving was because of such a high turn over of staff and being disrespected by team members and this being overlooked. I also felt like I just wasn’t happy overall and more and there has been a huge change in dynamics.
I also felt it was negatively impacting my mental health.
I know it was best for me but I can’t shake this feeling because I was friends with the boss and it was nothing to do with them. They have assured me they are not mad and I had to do what was best but I can’t shake the feeling and I’m also worried I’ll lose contact with the few people I had friendships with.
Any advice on how to get over this?

Just move on to pastures new and look forward to whoever you work for next.

Don't feel guilty about quitting a job as employers are useless to people coming and going all the time 😔 😔 😔.

Always put your own health first and foremost okay 😄 😄.
You can always ask people who you work with if they willing to keep in touch with you via texting/ phoning/ emailing or social media sites.

Quick Reply

Latest