The Student Room Group

I’m depressed after 4 rejection and 1 offer

4 rejection and 1 offer from art school

I’m an international student, and I had my international foundation diploma in my country. Although I felt very confident when I uploaded my portfolio, the results really made me depressed and broke my heart.

I had few gap years because of burnout after my turbulent school days(wandering with my future careers) however going through the foundation diploma gave me strength and hope to rise again, so that’s why makes the results even more disappointing. I'm not happy with the results I've received and would like to try again by complementing up my portfolio, but I'm getting older and stressed that I'm falling behind everyone else. I know I should go to the school I've been accepted to, but I feel like I'll be regretting it forever.

Is it not possible in the UK applying for the next year through UCAS again during staying at the school I've been accepted at? I ask just in case, because in my country it is possible.
Reply 1
What would you regret about going to the place that has made you an offer?
Reply 2
Original post by dirtmother
What would you regret about going to the place that has made you an offer?

because I got an alternative offer there… The offer I got isn’t from the course I originally applied, so I can't yet tell if I'm really interested in that course and capable of doing well.
Reply 3
Original post by rvnrwn
because I got an alternative offer there… The offer I got isn’t from the course I originally applied, so I can't yet tell if I'm really interested in that course and capable of doing well.

That is a very sound reason to think carefully.... and ask questions of the university. It's not the course you applied for so there may be a lot about it you don't know, compared to your previous research. Finding out more may start to excite you or confirm that niggling feeling that it's just not 'you' It could be that a lot of modules are shared initially.

It may not be your portfolio at all that was the issue, so looking carefully at feedback and trying to get more might be useful (We've had a situation recently where feedback revealed that there was some factual information needed correcting)
Original post by rvnrwn

If you're not happy with the offer you have received, you could reject it and apply for another course using UCAS Extra. Make sure that any course you want to apply to still has vacancies before you do this:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-undergraduate-offers/extra-choices

Quick Reply