The Student Room Group

geography needed for marine biology?

I want to be a marine biologist, the only problem is I do not take geography for GCSE, i have been reading about it and it has said that i should do geography for marine biology, is this true because i LOVE marine life and studying fish, mammals and plants that live under the sea but i do not take geography. i just want to know if that is a problem
Original post by luluocto
I want to be a marine biologist, the only problem is I do not take geography for GCSE, i have been reading about it and it has said that i should do geography for marine biology, is this true because i LOVE marine life and studying fish, mammals and plants that live under the sea but i do not take geography. i just want to know if that is a problem

biology is way more important so as long as you do that its fine. geography barely covers any content on marine life
Reply 2
Original post by amberlily051
biology is way more important so as long as you do that its fine. geography barely covers any content on marine life

Ok thanks so much I was really worried
Original post by luluocto
Ok thanks so much I was really worried

And chemistry would be v. useful
It's not required at all as far as im aware. As above usually you'd need biology and quite possibly a second science/maths subject.

Something to bear in mind that a lot of marine biology focused on e.g. plankton, corals, and other marine invertebrates. Since those tend to have large ecological roles and impacts in marine ecosystems. Marine vertebrates often end up being a smaller part of such courses i gather.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending