The Student Room Group

How to get a grade 9 in gcse RS?

I’m struggling with this subject how can I get a 9.
Reply 1
What exam board do you do?
Original post by J ~ I§U
What exam board do you do?

Aqa
remember quotes/sources
Reply 4
Original post by Charles81727261
Aqa

Oh sos I don't do that so I'm not sure
Reply 5

create pre-planned essays for the 12 markers and for the 1,2,4, and 5 markers u just need to make sure u know all ur content and atleast one quote for each theme/topic

I did AQA RS in 2022 and got a 9 and full marks in one paper after getting a 4 in my mock. I remember cramming a lot to learn quotes. Realistically you don't need a lot of quotes so don't stress out over learning them all because the examiner will know what you are referring to if you say 'the bible claims...'

Ben Wardle on YouTube is pretty good and if your school has a Seneca subscription you should definitely use that. I didn't do any past papers tbh but I really recommend planning out potential 12 markers. RS is pretty subjective so you need to have your own opinion on each topic, so like you should already have a stance on what the most important role of the Messiah is (Judaism example). Having your own opinion makes you more engaged in the essay and you will reach a strong conclusion, rather than just listing points for and against.

The easiest marks are the multiple choices and shorter questions so it's really just a matter of memorising the information. I used paper flashcards and made rough mindmaps over and over again until I could make a whole mindmap just from memory. If you nail those short answers you will definitely get a 9.

If you have any specific questions dm me, I did Christianity and Judaism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending