The Student Room Group

soas vs queen marys?

I’m so stuck between either economics at SOAS and Global development at Queens, idk which one to firm 😭 does degree subject really matter?

I like the location and vibe of SOAS but I prefer the course content of queens- i also think economics can offer me a much wider range of opportunities than global development can. Or do employers really only care about seeing a degree on your CV?

Any advice would help!! TYY
Original post by username6540577
I’m so stuck between either economics at SOAS and Global development at Queens, idk which one to firm 😭 does degree subject really matter?
I like the location and vibe of SOAS but I prefer the course content of queens- i also think economics can offer me a much wider range of opportunities than global development can. Or do employers really only care about seeing a degree on your CV?

It’s tricky the economics is a better course, but qmu is a better university, I think employers prefer a good name over course tbh so I’d say qmu
Original post by username6540577

I understand it can be a really hard decision. I would suggest doing the programme you enjoy the most as that's the one you'll do the best in. Employers mostly care about what type of degree you obtained so its worth firming the university based on the course, university, atmosphere and social life you are best suited to.
Hope this helps & best of luck!
Z
UG Arabic & IR
Both are well respected institutions within the University of London. I would do economics at SOAS. If you decide that you want to do postgraduate study in global development then having a degree in economics is a real advantage. If you do undergraduate global development and decide you want to do postgraduate economics, it is highly unlikely you will find a course that accepts you. I don't think an employer is going to be concerned about where in the University of London you got your degree. Hope this helps.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending