The Student Room Group

Would Beyoncé be credited as a source of wisdom in a GCSE RS exam?

Hi everyone, I've got my RS exam on Thursday (Eduqas). I've been revising relationships, and there's not many sources of wisdom I can find for atheist views on marriage. I was thinking of quoting Beyoncé's 'If you like it, put a ring on it' to show how marriage can serve as a symbol of love, showing how it's not pointless. It just came to me as a silly thought but would it actually get any marks?

Sorry if this is a silly question but thank you for any answers :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by xAspect
Hi everyone, I've got my RS exam on Thursday (Eduqas). I've been revising relationships, and there's not many sources of wisdom I can find for atheist views on marriage. I was thinking of quoting Beyoncé's 'If you like it, put a ring on it' to show how marriage can serve as a symbol of love, showing how it's not pointless. It just came to me as a silly thought but would it actually get any marks?
Sorry if this is a silly question but thank you for any answers :biggrin:

did you use it?
Reply 2
Original post by hh1209
did you use it?

No, relationships didn't come up unfortunately. But if they did, I would've used it! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by xAspect
No, relationships didn't come up unfortunately. But if they did, I would've used it! :biggrin:

that would have been jokes if u did
Reply 4
Original post by hh1209
that would have been jokes if u did

I know right! The thing is, the examiners are probably old enough to think that 'if you like it put a ring on it' is still a smash hit 😂
Reply 5
I would have cited her Lemonade album if doing this.

Quick Reply