The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths

Okay so I am about to sit Maths gcse in 9 days and I am currently working at a grade 6 however i want to push that grade higher to a grade 7. Any tips on how i can boost. i been revising since the start but since there is 9 days left i need advice on this.
Reply 1
Original post by DR17Alpha
Okay so I am about to sit Maths gcse in 9 days and I am currently working at a grade 6 however i want to push that grade higher to a grade 7. Any tips on how i can boost. i been revising since the start but since there is 9 days left i need advice on this.

Predicted grade is a 7 and in my last mock I received a 6
Past papers, the best thing you can do. Look at the most common questions and topics that come up on the papers and scout out any topics that you are struggling in. I would then go onto MathsGenie and do as many questions related to that topic.
Reply 3
The only really efficient way to improve your maths is to just grind out past papers. There are only so many types of questions the exam board can ask. After a few days of non-stop practice, I was able to answer questions much more easily because I could identify what topic the question was asking, and just bang out the same process that I had done dozens of times before. I went from a mid grade 6 to a confident 8 in a matter of days. Just make a note of the topics you're weakest at, and then do questions of that topic. Soon your weaknesses will become strengths and you'll be prepared for everything on the test. Good luck! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending