The Student Room Group

Issue with linking my application to my Dads account

When applying for my finance for my first year i provided both my Mom and Dads emails as supporting evidence, and my Mom recieved and completed her form. However, i believe i got my Dads email slightly wrong as he didnt recieve any email. Therefore, we attempted to directly support the application through the SFE website, however when imputting my customer number it says that it cannot find the application, which i have seen might be due to a slight difference in name between what i have given and he has given. Would I be ok to cancel the application and start it over to give the right details as i still have time to do so before the deadline, or would this break the system, and if i cant cancel and restart it what should i do?
Hi unruly-furrow,

If your dad can't support your application through his online account I would advise completing a pff2 form as a workaround. You can access the form here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

Once completed, the form can be uploaded through your online account and is currently taking around 22 working days to review.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi unruly-furrow,
If your dad can't support your application through his online account I would advise completing a pff2 form as a workaround. You can access the form here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms
Once completed, the form can be uploaded through your online account and is currently taking around 22 working days to review.
Thanks,
Calum

Ok, can the pff2 be completed as a pdf or does it need to be written out, and where on my account would i upload this, and how would i know you have recievied it? What would we wrong with simply cancelling it and starting over regardless?
Thanks
Original post by unruly-furrow
Ok, can the pff2 be completed as a pdf or does it need to be written out, and where on my account would i upload this, and how would i know you have recievied it? What would we wrong with simply cancelling it and starting over regardless?
Thanks

Hi there,

Yes, a pdf is fine: you should use the 'upload supporting evidence' option to upload the form.

You can cancel the application if you want, that's fine, but we'd recommend going for the PFF2 form because it's quicker that way. For example, we're processing these forms in 22 working days, while re-applying can take several weeks.

Thanks, Graeme
Thanks

Hi there, it can be completed as a PFF2 and uploaded to your (or his account). Thanks, Jason
Reply 5
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
Yes, a pdf is fine: you should use the 'upload supporting evidence' option to upload the form.
You can cancel the application if you want, that's fine, but we'd recommend going for the PFF2 form because it's quicker that way. For example, we're processing these forms in 22 working days, while re-applying can take several weeks.
Thanks, Graeme

Ok many thanks, however i thought that if it was submitted before the 17th of may it would be processed before september anyway?
Ok many thanks, however i thought that if it was submitted before the 17th of may it would be processed before september anyway?

Thanks. Yes, it will be processed accordingly for you. Thanks, Jason
Reply 7
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks. Yes, it will be processed accordingly for you. Thanks, Jason

Ok thanks, on a related note, on my finance application it says under sponsor 2 'not completed' despite the fact that my Mom has replied to the email and sent off her details, is this cause for concern in regards to it having not being sent to SFE, or is this nothing to worry about? Many thanks
Ok thanks, on a related note, on my finance application it says under sponsor 2 'not completed' despite the fact that my Mom has replied to the email and sent off her details, is this cause for concern in regards to it having not being sent to SFE, or is this nothing to worry about? Many thanks
In this case we'd recommend that your Mum put her details in the PFF2 as well, just in case.

It's just Sponsor 2 is normally your Mum.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply