The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Classical Civilisation Paper 1 (J199/11-12) - 13th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your OCR GCSE Classical Civilisation Paper 1 exam go?

OCR GCSE Classical Civilisation Paper 1 (J199/11-12) - 13th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 13th May 2024/ PM
Length: 1h 30m
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talkative Toad
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:
General Information
Date/Time: 13th May 2024/ PM
Length: 1h 30m

Does anybody have predictions for 2024 myth and religion paper?
Original post by nutty-privation
Does anybody have predictions for 2024 myth and religion paper?

Well, according to my teacher, since the following topics did not appear on the 2022 and 2023 papers, they are more likely to come up on this paper:

Gods and their responsibilities; their anthropomorphism

Homeric hymn to Heracles

Hercules and Cacus - Hercules and his worship in Rome

Hercules and Nessus

Greek priests - mantis

roman priests - pontifex maximus, haruspex

Aeneas and Romulus - founders of roman civilisation

Plutarch's comparison of Theseus and Romulus

Panathenaia and saturnalia festivals

centauromachy and Amazonomachy

Greek funerary practices

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
im so cooked how are we meant to memorise hundreds of pages of information
Original post by Burhan1234567890
Well, according to my teacher, since the following topics did not appear on the 2022 and 2023 papers, they are more likely to come up on this paper:

Homeric hymn to Heracles

Hercules and Nessus

Greek priests - mantis

Greek funerary practices

Hope this helps!

is comparison to Theseus and Romulus like an actual specification point tho?
thxx
Original post by Burhan1234567890

Homeric hymn to Heracles

Hercules and Nessus

Greek priests - mantis

Greek funerary practices

Hope this helps!

do you by any chance have a link to/have information on what the questions were on the 2023 paper? my teacher has been unhelpful and it’s not on the ocr website, thanks
Original post by medic.pleaseee
how did everyone find it!!!?
absolutely terrible, didn’t finish the 15 markers because i thought i had time and that the exam ended at 13:16, but it was 13:06. Was midway in writing my second parapgraph :frown:(
how did everyone find it!!!?
good actually!! was quite surprised festivals came up again as a 15 marker considering how many times they’ve done it (even last year!!) but that was quite good! how did you find it?
First bad exam it looks like it…
awh no, why do you say that?

Nah I’m saying that based on other threads and polls, this is the first exam where I’ve seen people say overall that they didn’t like the exam.
aww no i'm so sorry!! i found it really hard too :frown:((. which 15 marker did you find the hardest!!
i did the women in ancient world paper. we got a legend 15 mark question and it was the most easiest 15 marker ever but i ran out of time. i blame the people who were running it because i could only see one of the times which were 3:16, and i based my timings off that. pray that i at least get some marks from the paragraph i wrote!
Nah I’m saying that based on other threads and polls, this is the first exam where I’ve seen people say overall that they didn’t like the exam.

i kinda of liked the exam but oml my school messed me up with the times 😭
ah ok ok, where are the other threads for this exam? xx

No I mean other threads for different exams, biology, religious studies etc
Original post by isawedthemoon
i kinda of liked the exam but oml my school messed me up with the times 😭

How did they do that?
Reply 14
What was the temple layout for myth and religion was it parthenon or temple of zeus
How did they do that?

we had another exam that was 1h 40 minutes but from where i was sitting, i thought it ended at 3:16 but it was actually 3:06. so i didnt finish my 15 marker it was my fault ngl actually.
Original post by mmm054
What was the temple layout for myth and religion was it parthenon or temple of zeus

Just checked my textbook, it’s temple of Zeus at Olympia, I wrote that thankfully. Ridiculous that we were expected to remember their plans
what did everyone write for the points on Minotaur and Theseus
Original post by isawedthemoon
absolutely terrible, didn’t finish the 15 markers because i thought i had time and that the exam ended at 13:16, but it was 13:06. Was midway in writing my second parapgraph :frown:(

same! Looked up and realised i had 10 frigging minutes to do the 15 marker ugh
Reply 19
what did everyone write feor the 8 marker on mars. which other gods did you mentiion to go against the poiint. i put vesta because the fire of vesta and venus because she was the mum of aeneas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending