The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Economics Paper 2 (J205/02) - 21st May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How well did your OCR GCSE Economics Paper 2 (J205/02) exam go today?

OCR GCSE Economics Paper 2 (J205/02) - 21st May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 21st May 2024/ AM
Length: 1hr 30m
(edited 1 month ago)
im cooked for this one icl idk anything past monetary
If there are any 6 markers on globalisation or exchange rates, I'm screwed
...So basically, I'm screwed :smile:
Original post by SHRrussE1
If there are any 6 markers on globalisation or exchange rates, I'm screwed
...So basically, I'm screwed :smile:

no same i’ve barely got to unit 4 at all ive been so focused on government policies
Reply 4
how did everyone find it
Original post by ac__08
how did everyone find it

pretty easy tbh, the multiple choices were a bit rough but loved the 6 markers and 2 markers
Reply 6
Original post by ac__08
how did everyone find it

the multiple choice was literally so hardddd but i dont think the other questions were that bad. Do you guys remember the questions?
It went better than I expected it to - Thank god there were no questions on globalisation!!
Reply 8
Original post by loll08
the multiple choice was literally so hardddd but i dont think the other questions were that bad. Do you guys remember the questions?
21a. Analyse the trend of the unemployment rate between 2008 and 2011 on the graph in Extract 1.
21b. Calculate the unemployment rate in Northern Ireland using the table in Extract 1.
21c. Analyse the effect of the change in unemployment rate between 2011 and 2018 (decrease from 8% to 4%) on the government's budget.
21di. Explain what is meant by structural unemployment.
21dii. State two other types of employment.
21diii. Evaluate the consequences of unemployment to producers in the North East of England (rate of 4.22% which is higher than average in England)
22a. Work out the % of income the richest 40% in Indonesia had in 2021. Use the pie chart in Extract 2.
22b. Idr
22c. Analyse the effect of reducing direct taxes on economic growth.
22di. Give 2 examples of direct taxes, other than income tax.
22dii. Idr
22diii. Evaluate whether taxing the richest 20% in Indonesia to redistribute income will have a purely beneficial effect.
23a. Idr
23b. Idr
23c. Analyse the effect of a fall in the interest rate on economic growth.
23di. Explain how a rise in the interest rate led to an increase in the exchange rate
23dii. Idr
23diii. Evaluate the effect of a rise in the exchange rate on producers and consumers in the UK.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Adi Dham
Was it 67 fir the pi chart???

Logically, yes, adding the two highest values should give (and is) the right answer. However, the colours on the graphs have been mixed up and so many people have answered 56 because the colour of the second 20% apparenlty have highlighted the third 20%, which was 11% of income, instead of 22%. I'm just taking their work for that (as in the test i didn't really pay attention to the colours) but if it is true then i think either answer should be accepted as it is their mistake in that case.
wraps lads. we move onto physics ntd
Reply 11
Original post by zmp903
Logically, yes, adding the two highest values should give (and is) the right answer. However, the colours on the graphs have been mixed up and so many people have answered 56 because the colour of the second 20% apparenlty have highlighted the third 20%, which was 11% of income, instead of 22%. I'm just taking their work for that (as in the test i didn't really pay attention to the colours) but if it is true then i think either answer should be accepted as it is their mistake in that case.

Just realised from looking up income graphs that the fourth fifth actually represents the top 20-40% of income earners - the students at my school used the values of the second fifth to get 56, which in actuality the second fifth covers the bottom 20-40% (or top 60-80%). Doesn't seem like a mistake on OCR's part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending