The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Public Policy & International Development: LSe or SOAS?

Hi, I am an international student and have received offers to both MSc Public Policy and Administration at LSe and MSc Global Development with Work placement year (onus is on us to secure the job) at SOAS? Which one would be better to opt for?

Please base it on the following factors: Costs (a critical factor for me), Job Prospects (considering ROI), and Post-study Work Visa and Immigration Policies.

My qualifications: Already a MA in Polsci & IR, 2-3 of work experience (of internships, volunteer works, international conferences and summer schools).
Thank you so much in advance.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am an international student and have received offers to both MSc Public Policy and Administration at LSe and MSc Global Development with Work placement year (onus is on us to secure the job) at SOAS? Which one would be better to opt for?
Please base it on the following factors: Costs (a critical factor for me), Job Prospects (considering ROI), and Post-study Work Visa and Immigration Policies.
My qualifications: Already a MA in Polsci & IR, 2-3 of work experience (of internships, volunteer works, international conferences and summer schools).
Thank you so much in advance.

Hi, congratulations on both your offers! Well done!

Okay, now the difficult choice. Both universities will let you enjoy the special city that is London and opportunities that it has on offer.

The cost as SOAS is, as I have just checked both websites, is about £ 6000 cheaper that LSE. If you are thinking about affordability, this may be a factor. There are also some scholarships available, you can scroll down on the course page here to browse if you are eligible https://www.soas.ac.uk/study/find-course/msc-global-development-work-placement-year

Also, SOAS has ranked in top three univeristies globally for Developmental Studies. So, the program is very well ranked.

I would say, if your outlook is towards Asia and Africa, that is where SOAS really shines.

However, I cannot comment on the program at LSE, as I do not know much about it but I am sure it is also very good. Good luck with whichever uni you choose to go with and let me know if you have any other questions.

-Ankur Desval
MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending