The Student Room Group

Laptops in GSCEs

Hey, I’m in year 11, just about to sit my GSCE exams. I have been given permission to use a laptop and extra time in my exams. I just have a few worries and questions about this. If I do use a laptop will my grade be marked down? And if I do take up my extra time and laptop will this be stated in my results and grades? And will I be looked down on due to using a laptop? Thank you very much.
Original post by mythic-boundary
Hey, I’m in year 11, just about to sit my GSCE exams. I have been given permission to use a laptop and extra time in my exams. I just have a few worries and questions about this. If I do use a laptop will my grade be marked down? And if I do take up my extra time and laptop will this be stated in my results and grades? And will I be looked down on due to using a laptop? Thank you very much.

Hi!
first off, good luck with your exams, you are going to ace them!
I use a laptop and extra time in my exams as well (its very common), and no, it will not affect your grade at all! You are entitled to use extra time and a laptop, and if the examiners are aware (im not 100% sure if they get told about extra time?) they aren't allowed to mark you down for it. The reason you have extra time and a laptop is so you are on a level footing with the candidates who do not require it, so it makes it more fair, if that makes sense :smile:
The only people who would ever possibly look down on you for using a laptop would be your classmates. Examiners dont/wont say anything, nor will teachers, and no-one else will know unless you tell them.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending