The Student Room Group

Film Studies GCSE: Can you choose a different film on Paper 2

For context I’ve missed a huge, and I mean huge, amount of school due to medical reasons and therefore I’m not looking for top grades, I’m just trying to get a pass so I can get on the college course I want.

I’m thinking about choosing a different film (Jojo Rabbit) to the film my school chose (District 9) for the first question on my Paper 2 exam as it’s one of my all time favourite films and I’ve seen it several times whereas District 9 I literally haven’t even seen the full film yet. I’m not asking if this is a smart thing to do, I know it’s almost definitely not but I’m wondering if there is any sort of rule that says I can’t answer a question about a different film to the one I studied or if I’m fine to do this. I saw someone ask a similar question about English Literature but I can’t find anything from this subject.
Reply 1
Original post by squishsquirmies
For context I’ve missed a huge, and I mean huge, amount of school due to medical reasons and therefore I’m not looking for top grades, I’m just trying to get a pass so I can get on the college course I want.
I’m thinking about choosing a different film (Jojo Rabbit) to the film my school chose (District 9) for the first question on my Paper 2 exam as it’s one of my all time favourite films and I’ve seen it several times whereas District 9 I literally haven’t even seen the full film yet. I’m not asking if this is a smart thing to do, I know it’s almost definitely not but I’m wondering if there is any sort of rule that says I can’t answer a question about a different film to the one I studied or if I’m fine to do this. I saw someone ask a similar question about English Literature but I can’t find anything from this subject.
yes!! i’m also planning on switching to JoJo rabbit, and my teacher said its allowed. do u know if jojo rabbit is 100% gna be an option on the paper on thursday?
Original post by isabelaz
yes!! i’m also planning on switching to JoJo rabbit, and my teacher said its allowed. do u know if jojo rabbit is 100% gna be an option on the paper on thursday?

I don’t actually know to be honest but everything I’ve seen from websites and revision youtubers says that this year will be the first year of it being on the paper. However, if you can find out a definite answer definitely let me know haha.
Reply 3
Original post by squishsquirmies
I don’t actually know to be honest but everything I’ve seen from websites and revision youtubers says that this year will be the first year of it being on the paper. However, if you can find out a definite answer definitely let me know haha.

ok tysm!! i hope the question is good so i can answer it for jojo rabbit, im hoping for a question related to a character!!

Quick Reply