The Student Room Group

Level 3 social care

I've just started my level 3 social care and I'm really struggling with it meeting the word counts , and the Harvard referencing. Does anyone have any advice? as I really want to pass this
Original post by Marge22
I've just started my level 3 social care and I'm really struggling with it meeting the word counts , and the Harvard referencing. Does anyone have any advice? as I really want to pass this

Hi @Marge22

Sorry to hear that you're struggling.

Referencing is a difficult one. But I want to assure you that putting the time in to learn how to reference will not be a waste, especially if you are planning on going to university. Is there anyone at your college who can help you with referencing? Maybe an academic support department or even your tutor? It is definitely worth asking.

As for meeting the word count, what I tend to do is go line by line and ask myself 'What else can I add to this sentence to give it more detail and depth?', 'How could I give an example here?', 'Can I think of another explanation or piece of evidence to back up this same point?... 'If so, how can I compare these two different explanations/evidence?'

Usually, you find that there is a lot more that you can discuss simply by working with what you already have. The deeper the analysis, the higher the grade, too!

I wish you all the best!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending