The Student Room Group

Southampton vs Sheffield Computer Science

I have got offers from both since I do 4 a levels i got an offer from Sheffield AAA or AABB with As being in math and physics and Bs in comp sci and furth math whereas Southampton is A*AA which i am not sure if i will get that. Both unis seem to be pretty similar so I am not sure on what to pick and what else should I consider.
Reply 1
Original post by maxusha
I have got offers from both since I do 4 a levels i got an offer from Sheffield AAA or AABB with As being in math and physics and Bs in comp sci and furth math whereas Southampton is A*AA which i am not sure if i will get that. Both unis seem to be pretty similar so I am not sure on what to pick and what else should I consider.

Have you already decided your insurance? If not I would put Sheffield as an insurance and if on results day you decide you would rather go to Sheffied it's possible to reject your firm for your insurance!
Reply 2
Original post by _user_
Have you already decided your insurance? If not I would put Sheffield as an insurance and if on results day you decide you would rather go to Sheffied it's possible to reject your firm for your insurance!

This is not true.

If your firm choice accepts you, your insurance choice automatically gets removed and you won't go there. The only way to go there would be to decline your place at your firm and then apply to your insurance in clearing (if they're in clearing).

Quick Reply