The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Declining Aberdeen offer

does anyone know if Aberdeen will allow you to change a firm acceptance to a decline? Decided against going due to other opportunities coming up which means i’m trying to get this done as quick as i can. Have emailed them but they haven’t responded and whenever i call i get told to email.
Original post by Anonymous
does anyone know if Aberdeen will allow you to change a firm acceptance to a decline? Decided against going due to other opportunities coming up which means i’m trying to get this done as quick as i can. Have emailed them but they haven’t responded and whenever i call i get told to email.
Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Perfectly fair to want to pursue other opportunities and we'd want to help you when we can! So this would need to be handled via email with our admissions team, and I take it you're offer is for Undergraduate study? If you haven't already sending an email to [email protected] is the best thing to do, and we'd ask that you allow them a week or so to get you a reply to that email. If more than a week has passed (and particularly if you're under any time pressure for accepting your other options) then please let me know and I can look at chasing that up for you. Hope this helps!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Quick Reply