The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

LJMU or Edge Hill Nutrition Course

Hi

I need to decide which uni to go to in September.

Would anyone recommend or advise not to go to any of these unis as I’m struggling to decide.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
I need to decide which uni to go to in September.
Would anyone recommend or advise not to go to any of these unis as I’m struggling to decide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.

Hey!

My advice on helping to decide would be as follows:

Look at whether they are both campus based universities or if one is city based and try and figure out what you would prefer. Edge Hill is a campus based university which means everything is in one place making it super easy to get round to the different areas (library, accommodation, gym, department buildings) of campus in just a short 10-15 minute walk. With the little town known as Ormskirk being a 15 minute walk away.

Look into the different modules for your course do you have a preference on what modules you take, are there any requirements for the career goal you have.

How are you assessed do you have a preference or a specific way in which you excel such as through coursework or exams.

Do you have the opportunity to do a industrial placement or study abroad year and are you interested in this?

What is the student support like at that university?

What companies are they affiliated such as do they come to careers fairs, where do the alumni work.

If you have been to both universities how did you feel, could you imagine being there - if you have not visited I would recommend looking at online videos to get a feel of what it may be like.

Hopefully that helps!
Let me know if you have any Edge Hill specific questions 🙂

Rebecca
3rd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Hey, I know it is difficult trying to decide between two great Universities! Have you been to Open Days/ Campus Tours etc? LJMU have our next one Friday 21 June 2024, 9:00 - 3:30pm, I would definitely recommend coming along to see for yourself how great our University is 🙂 This helps you get a feel for the campus you will study a and for the city you will be living in. You can also see all the great facilities we have to offer!

I would look at the commendations for each Uni, and consider the ranking of the course for each one. Just for context, LJMU's School of Sport and Exercise Sciences (where your course is based) is ranked 6th for Sports Science (QS World University Rankings 2024)! Your nutrition degree at LJMU offers the opportunity for many career paths working as a nutritionist in primary care organisations, clinical nutrition settings and the food industry. By studying at LJMU, you will achieve a degree certified by the Association for Nutrition (AfN), ensuring high-quality education standards which are recognised by industry and the primary care sector. You are also offered the chance to engage in great work placements or even a sandwich year- you will be supported fully by our dedicated placement team who are knowledgeable and can help guide you in the right path for your future career aspirations.
LJMU has an excellent support system from academic achievement assistance to mental health and wellbeing services so you will always be supported there. Your lecturers and tutors will work hard to ensure you thrive whilst you study here at LJMU, I can guarantee this! To further prove this, LJMU had over 78.5% of students report being 'satisfied' - 2.3% above the average for UK universities! 🙂
Overall, LJMU is a really great university full of friendly people, respectable academics and supportive staff members.
Good luck with your decision and remember to do what is best for you. Hope to see you at LJMU!

Ria
Official LJMU student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending