The Student Room Group

Student finance application

Hi everyone, i had to post my student finance application because i couldn't apply online. Do you receive any email messages from the student finance saying that we have received your application or anything!
Hi 010M,

It's not policy to contact customers to advise that we have received their application by post - the way to check this would be if you sent the application by recorded delivery.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi 010M,
It's not policy to contact customers to advise that we have received their application by post - the way to check this would be if you sent the application by recorded delivery.
Thanks,
Calum

Oh, and yes, I tracked the application, and it says it has been posted 😀 from the delivery service.

And another thing I just got to know today: mistakenly, I provided my right to work share code, but I have also attached the letter from the home office mentioning my status in the UK. Is there anything I can do to update my share code, although the previous share code still works? Thank you
Original post by 010M
Oh, and yes, I tracked the application, and it says it has been posted 😀 from the delivery service.
And another thing I just got to know today: mistakenly, I provided my right to work share code, but I have also attached the letter from the home office mentioning my status in the UK. Is there anything I can do to update my share code, although the previous share code still works? Thank you

Hi there. You will need to send us a copy of your immigration status share code. You can upload it to your online account instead of posting it, if you have the option. Here is a video on how to upload forms/evidence - https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk
Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. You will need to send us a copy of your immigration status share code. You can upload it to your online account instead of posting it, if you have the option. Here is a video on how to upload forms/evidence - https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk
Thanks, Leah.

I'm really thankful for your response. And I have just uploaded it online; however, I just want to clarify that I sent my application form by post. So, will they still accept the share code I uploaded online? I don't know why I've been worrying about this topic since this afternoon. Thank you!
Hi 010M,

Yes, we can accept the share code if it is uploaded through your online account.

Thanks,
Calum
Original post by 010M

Hi there, yes, you can generate a new share code and upload this to your account. Thanks, Jason
Reply 7
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, yes, you can generate a new share code and upload this to your account. Thanks, Jason

Hi again i just received some updates on my application saying that they need my parents passport and my birth certificate to verify the status. Do i have to send the original documents by post or can i just share their share code or can i just upload the required documents online. Thank you.

P.S: I submitted my application form by post
Original post by 010M
Hi again i just received some updates on my application saying that they need my parents passport and my birth certificate to verify the status. Do i have to send the original documents by post or can i just share their share code or can i just upload the required documents online. Thank you.
P.S: I submitted my application form by post

Hi there, the passport of your chosen parent needs to be the original sent through post. We can accept a copy of the birth certificate via post that shows the link between you and the parent. Thanks, Jason
Reply 9
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, the passport of your chosen parent needs to be the original sent through post. We can accept a copy of the birth certificate via post that shows the link between you and the parent. Thanks, Jason
Hi, when I send my passport and other documents to the student finance office for evidence, do I have to have both post and return service by myself, or will student finance return the evidence by themselves? Thank you
Original post by 010M
Hi, when I send my passport and other documents to the student finance office for evidence, do I have to have both post and return service by myself, or will student finance return the evidence by themselves? Thank you

No. We'll return this directly for you. Thanks, Jason
Reply 11
Student finance asked me to send my parents original valid passport or national identity card.

So it means I can just post my parents national identity card (a citizen card, not of the UK) instead of their passport?

And how long will it take to get it back? Is it at least 5 weeks, or can it be earlier?
Original post by 010M
Student finance asked me to send my parents original valid passport or national identity card.
So it means I can just post my parents national identity card (a citizen card, not of the UK) instead of their passport?
And how long will it take to get it back? Is it at least 5 weeks, or can it be earlier?

Hi there,

Yes you can send the national ID card for your parent instead of their passport. We can hold it for up to 6 weeks, but try to return this sooner than this.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending