The Student Room Group

How can i improve maths and english and maths grade

I have my exams coming up soon and theres 2 that i really need to improve on with about 1-2 weeks but i dont know how. These are my current grades and grades that i want to achieve in brackets:

Maths 4-(7)
English 3-(6)

Is this possible and how can can i achieve this if anyone knows?
Reply 1
its a bit late, but for maths i just say do past papers and use the mathsgenie walkthroughs to understand the later questions and for English, if its literature, work on integrating more context within your answers and also make sure to use a structure is its easier for you to understand. for language, work on your analysis skill and skim reading as the time is very tight.
Original post by chow1107
I have my exams coming up soon and theres 2 that i really need to improve on with about 1-2 weeks but i dont know how. These are my current grades and grades that i want to achieve in brackets:
Maths 4-(7)
English 3-(6)
I think improved your grades a couple of weeks before an exam can be done but it takes an immense amount of work and dedication for it.
I got an 8 in maths and all i can say is that doing past papers is very helpful - if you get stuck on smt - watch a youtube tutorial. There are also youtube videos like an hour long which goes through the whole syllabus and there are videos about predicated papers that you could do the night before just to refresh your memory before the exam.
I got a 6 in english but i didn't rlly bother revising so i don't have much advice - examiners love context - as soon as you analyze a point, link it to context and how that context is relevant to the question.
Original post by chow1107
Maths 4-(7)
English 3-(6)

Hi, as a year 12 student, my grades went up like that from beginning of year 11 to my final GCSEs, so yes it’s definitely possible if you put in the work.
Start by identifying your weaknesses, I would do this by looking up revision checklists or using the specification and going through and highlighting your weak points. Prioritise these for reviews asap.

For both maths and English, make sure to practice as many past paper questions as you can. Use maths genie for this! For English, make sure to write model essays. You don’t need to commit these to memory. Instead write down quotes you will remember and can analyze well onto flashcards, and test daily. You can also write quotes into mindmaps

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending