The Student Room Group

DSA funded inks

I have recently received a printer through DSA funding (a Canon Pixma). However, this doesn't work and has to be sent back to the supplier.

I have been given an old Epson printer by a family friend, which works perfectly, and it would relieve so much stress if I could use this.

My question is will DSA reimburse me for Epson inks or do the inks that I purchase HAVE to be Canon inks?
Original post by MeggyMoo62
I have recently received a printer through DSA funding (a Canon Pixma). However, this doesn't work and has to be sent back to the supplier.
I have been given an old Epson printer by a family friend, which works perfectly, and it would relieve so much stress if I could use this.
My question is will DSA reimburse me for Epson inks or do the inks that I purchase HAVE to be Canon inks?

I would contact your dsa assessor, hopefully they will be able to sort out reimbursement for the printer ink, especially if you use that to print out lectures power points or anything like that that helps accommodate you
Original post by MeggyMoo62

Hi,

I would contact DSA and ask them, as it would probably depend on if they specified the brand of ink on your needs assessment form.

I know on mine it just said “print credits” so it didn’t really matter but I would definitely double check and let them know about the printer being faulty as they should be able to send you a replacement if you wanted one.

Suzan - Student Ambassador
Reply 3
Original post by Rumpunchcherry
I would contact your dsa assessor, hopefully they will be able to sort out reimbursement for the printer ink, especially if you use that to print out lectures power points or anything like that that helps accommodate you

Thanks for your reply.

I have gotten in touch and they’ve said no :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by YSJstudents
Hi,
I would contact DSA and ask them, as it would probably depend on if they specified the brand of ink on your needs assessment form.
I know on mine it just said “print credits” so it didn’t really matter but I would definitely double check and let them know about the printer being faulty as they should be able to send you a replacement if you wanted one.
Suzan - Student Ambassador

On the assessment form, it says “inks suitable for your printer”.

I’m trying to sort out a return, but the supplier is being really awkward about it and they’re wanting to know if I really can’t just fix the problem myself. (The printhead is stuck, and I’ve rang up Canon to confirm that no, I can’t :/ )

Not sure what to do now other than spend a fortune on inks.
I have never once bought branded inks. I have DSA and have had it for four years and always bought amazon own brand
Reply 6
Original post by saskiahdltea
I have never once bought branded inks. I have DSA and have had it for four years and always bought amazon own brand

Ah, that's reassuring.

It just mentions the inks being 'suitable for your printer' on my DSA letter.

Quick Reply

Latest