The Student Room Group

student finance

Hi, so, you know, with student finance, can I pay it throughout my university years? Like, in small amounts? Or do I have to pay the full £9k all at once?
Original post by idklol1
Hi, so, you know, with student finance, can I pay it throughout my university years? Like, in small amounts? Or do I have to pay the full £9k all at once?

I mean if your student finance is being paid by the uk governement student finance that's in place for helping with student finance then i think its paid automatically? But if you are paying for your own finance i guess it will still follow the same structure in terms of when to make payments. Im pretty sure the payments are made each term.
The student finance website shows the payments as:
16th October 2024 - £2,312.50
05th February 2025 - £2,312.5
07th May 2025 - £4,625.00
but im not sure if those payments depend on what uni you want to get into or what course you want to do, i would double check with your uni, it might be on their website? or if you are still in college then maybe ask one of your teachers?
(btw those are the payments for ports uni psych)
Original post by idklol1

Hi @idklol1

If you are getting a student finance loan then the tuition loan goes straight to the university so you don't have to worry about paying the tuition fee, you just pay the loan back once you start earing a certain amount of money. However if you are not planning on applying for the tuition fee loan then it depends what university you are planning on going to, they will have more information on their website or you can contact them, but for most you can usually pay it in three instalments or all upfront.

I hope this helps :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending