The Student Room Group

blood brothers aqa 2024 prediction

does anyone ahve any predictions for the blood brothers question in eng lit paper 2 bc i genuinely have no idea
Reply 1
Original post by slitheringfoxes
does anyone ahve any predictions for the blood brothers question in eng lit paper 2 bc i genuinely have no idea

mickey?
fate?
violence?
who knowssss
Original post by Shanu67
mickey?
fate?
violence?
who knowssss

im staring to think that it might be linda but idk i hope it is
Reply 3
im staring to think that it might be linda but idk i hope it is

What can you even write about linda?! I am so cooked for blood brothers
Original post by ammy.xuu
What can you even write about linda?! I am so cooked for blood brothers

my teacher at school as going through how linda is an important character as she is a big influence on mickey and she is also representative of the cycle of poverty for women as by the end of the play she becomes exactly how mrs johnstone was at the start of the play and russell shows how this cycle will also continue through mickey and lindas daughter who is a girl called sarah. my teacher was saying how cycles of poverty like this wouild usually be broken by men and so because linda is a woman it would be far harder for her to break this cycle as she can only get unskilled jobs like being a maid like mrs johnstone and in the society which she finds herself in women had to conform yo what was expected of them. russell also shows how linda had far more potential than the boys beung mickey and edward but because she didnt have any female rolemodel to push her to do even more she ends up just like mrs johnstone. i beeliev russell wants the reader to be sympathetic towards linda despite how she cheated on mickey. i hope this helps explain it a bit i would suggest looking for quotes for linda on the internet but there isnt much
Reply 5
my teacher at school as going through how linda is an important character as she is a big influence on mickey and she is also representative of the cycle of poverty for women as by the end of the play she becomes exactly how mrs johnstone was at the start of the play and russell shows how this cycle will also continue through mickey and lindas daughter who is a girl called sarah. my teacher was saying how cycles of poverty like this wouild usually be broken by men and so because linda is a woman it would be far harder for her to break this cycle as she can only get unskilled jobs like being a maid like mrs johnstone and in the society which she finds herself in women had to conform yo what was expected of them. russell also shows how linda had far more potential than the boys beung mickey and edward but because she didnt have any female rolemodel to push her to do even more she ends up just like mrs johnstone. i beeliev russell wants the reader to be sympathetic towards linda despite how she cheated on mickey. i hope this helps explain it a bit i would suggest looking for quotes for linda on the internet but there isnt much

tysmm
What were the questions? I did mine last year but im curious😭
Original post by emmaodonnellx
What were the questions? I did mine last year but im curious😭

one of the questions was mickeys relationship with mrs johnstone and linda and the other was the effects of poverty
Reply 8

omgg u kind of predicted the question about poverty 😭

Quick Reply