The Student Room Group

IGCSE A*

so i know this is premature to ask, but i'm currently taking my IGCSEs and i'm pretty worried. i want to go into medicine so i know i need to get really good grades in IGCSE.
if i get around 60/80 in my paper 4 for chemistry and bio, what exactly do i need to get in the other components to achieve an A*? i know 60 is low and for a safe A* people say 65+ in paper 4, but im doubtful that i got there.
also, just in case i dont get an A* in these two subjects, i know i'll definitely get an A, not lower. but how much will not getting an A* affect my future?
can someone be honest with me and tell me how screwed i am?
Original post by m1kasa
so i know this is premature to ask, but i'm currently taking my IGCSEs and i'm pretty worried. i want to go into medicine so i know i need to get really good grades in IGCSE.
if i get around 60/80 in my paper 4 for chemistry and bio, what exactly do i need to get in the other components to achieve an A*? i know 60 is low and for a safe A* people say 65+ in paper 4, but im doubtful that i got there.
also, just in case i dont get an A* in these two subjects, i know i'll definitely get an A, not lower. but how much will not getting an A* affect my future?
can someone be honest with me and tell me how screwed i am?

Hi, you are doing igcse, so for medical school, getting an A* will not affect you greatly. From what I’ve looked into, most medical schools want 6 or 7 in gcse, so that’ll be an A in igcse.

Quick Reply