The Student Room Group

any tips for safety if being followed home?

so i almost got followed me for a bit from the bus stop. these guys started following me and fight or flight kicked in so i sped up enough to get home.

i had my keys in my hand so poking out just in case they got any closer.

what should i do if someone catches up to me though and they're following me with intent to actually harm me. do i just scream? there were a couple cars i could have bumped into to set off a car alarm and draw some attention. do i blast music? call a friend?
Original post by Anonymous
so i almost got followed me for a bit from the bus stop. these guys started following me and fight or flight kicked in so i sped up enough to get home.
what should i do if someone catches up to me though and they're following me with intent to actually harm me. do i just scream? there were a couple cars i could have bumped into to set off a car alarm and draw some attention. do i blast music? call a friend?

I'm so sorry you went through that, I would've been terrified.. the car thing is a good idea, it would defiantly attract a lot of attention and would draw people outside who could then help you. If they start getting close I would call 999 and tell them that you are being followed; they will track your phone if you don't know exactly where you are and will be able to send someone to help. Also talk to friends and trusted adults about what happened today because it was a scary situation to be in and you should look for reassurance and support from the people around you.

Hope this helps a bit? Message me if you want any support or just to chat 🙂
Original post by Anonymous

Forgot to put this in my last message but do not go home if they can see you going inside; go to a friend or neighbors so that they won't know where you live. Once you're inside, call the police/family to let them know the situation and don't go back to your own home if they are watching
999 or an in-person police station visit is the best solution.

Quick Reply