The Student Room Group

Great Expectations GCSE

Does anyone have a quotation bank with all themes, important characters and analysis (with chapter numbers) ? There are barely any resources for Great Expectations unfortunately :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
have u tried pmt and spark notes even quizlet is good
Reply 2
I’ve tried spark notes but it’s hard to memorise everything there ☹️ Also, I checked pmt and there’s nothing on GE!
Reply 3
Original post by txn1_a
I’ve tried spark notes but it’s hard to memorise everything there ☹️ Also, I checked pmt and there’s nothing on GE!

I do Great expectations too 😕 there really isnt much but try checking out York notes and Youtube videos like Mr Bruff, you can find some amazing analysis!
Original post by txn1_a
Does anyone have a quotation bank with all themes, important characters and analysis (with chapter numbers) ? There are barely any resources for Great Expectations unfortunately :frown:

You can ask chatgpt for top 10 themes. Alternatively, use firstratetutors yt channel. Mr bruff has a revision ebook.
Reply 5
Original post by saivyy
I do Great expectations too 😕 there really isnt much but try checking out York notes and Youtube videos like Mr Bruff, you can find some amazing analysis!
I’ll try this tysmm!! and good luck for monday!!
Reply 6
Original post by Hannahblossom
You can ask chatgpt for top 10 themes. Alternatively, use firstratetutors yt channel. Mr bruff has a revision ebook.

Thank you smm! I’ll try it😊
Original post by txn1_a
Thank you smm! I’ll try it😊

Do you have the oxford literature companions revision book? That's got everything you need. It's worth buying some revision books at this stage if it will get you an extra grade. Go on superprof Website, they have great stuff on themes.
Reply 8
Original post by txn1_a
I’ll try this tysmm!! and good luck for monday!!
Also dont be afraid to ask your teacher for any notes they cant say no!
Personally I did this and suprisingly got some good quotes and anaysis (lmk if you want any)
Thank you and gl to you too x
Reply 9
Original post by txn1_a

yh i tried to find it but not there for pmt
have u tried seeing peoples notes on quizlet
Reply 10
Original post by saivyy
Also dont be afraid to ask your teacher for any notes they cant say no!
Personally I did this and suprisingly got some good quotes and anaysis (lmk if you want any)
Thank you and gl to you too x
That would be great thankss!
Reply 11
Do you have the oxford literature companions revision book? That's got everything you need. It's worth buying some revision books at this stage if it will get you an extra grade. Go on superprof Website, they have great stuff on themes.

I have the cgp book but it’s barely surface level analysis. Ok thank youu! I’ll try the website.
Reply 12
Original post by JF ZAK
yh i tried to find it but not there for pmt
have u tried seeing peoples notes on quizlet

No but I’ll check now tyy
Original post by txn1_a
I have the cgp book but it’s barely surface level analysis. Ok thank youu! I’ll try the website.

I know you have the exam tomorrow soo buying a book is a bit late now but the oxford literature companions are a must for paper 2. Download all the mark schemes, and exemplars as you can from the aqa website. The examiner reports will say what toplevel students did so check that out too
Original post by txn1_a

Do you want me to send you some of my revision notes/ pics from my book? Cgpnis awful
Do you want me to send you some of my revision notes/ pics from my book? Cgpnis awful

*Cgp is awful
Reply 16
I know you have the exam tomorrow soo buying a book is a bit late now but the oxford literature companions are a must for paper 2. Download all the mark schemes, and exemplars as you can from the aqa website. The examiner reports will say what toplevel students did so check that out too

Thank you sm!! You're a lifesaverr! also chatgpt was so helpful thanks for the advicee
Reply 17

OMGG that would be great tyy
Original post by txn1_a
OMGG that would be great tyy

It's not working on this, do you have an email? I don't have any other messaging apps
Original post by txn1_a

Create an email and I'll send the pics to you. It isn't working on this.

Quick Reply