The Student Room Group

What should I read up on before starting neuroscience

I have firmed my neuroscience offer at Bristol and have all the grades I need to start in September (I am on an access course and can track how many credits I get).
I have studied modules in biology psychology sociology and health studies but want to do extra reading in the summer to best prepare and familiarise myself with topics I will be studying at Bristol.

I am reading up on structure of the brain and chemical bonds atm but would like suggestions on what else I should read more into.
Reply 1
Original post by Danhough1909
I have firmed my neuroscience offer at Bristol and have all the grades I need to start in September (I am on an access course and can track how many credits I get).
I have studied modules in biology psychology sociology and health studies but want to do extra reading in the summer to best prepare and familiarise myself with topics I will be studying at Bristol.
I am reading up on structure of the brain and chemical bonds atm but would like suggestions on what else I should read more into.

Email a staff member who teaches Neuroscience at Bristol University. They will be able to point you in the direction of textbooks and articles that are relevant to your material.

Quick Reply