The Student Room Group

RS paper 1 (pls mark my 12 marker)

I did a question and i cant really go to teacher to mark as the paper is tomorrow morning so was wondering if anyone could mark my 12 mark question

Question : The resurrection was the most important event in jesus' life (12 marks)

my answer as follows:

On the one hand, it can be argued that the resurrection was the most important event in Jessus' life. This is because if Jesus did not ressurect, there would be no Christian faith as the resurrection symbolises good over evil. As a result, the ressurection is the most important.

On the other hand, it could be argued that the ascension was more important than the resurrection. This is because without this, Christian faith would likely not be as popular as it is now. This is because Jesus gave the great commision to his apostles which said to "make disciples of all nations and baptise them in the name of father son and holy spirit". As a result, the ascension was actually more important than the resurrection.

Whilst some believers would argue that the ascension was the most important event, overall it can be seen that the resurrection was the most important. This is because the ascension would never have happened if Jesus did not arise from the dead. That's why the statement is flawed.
Reply 1
Original post by bobstolen
I did a question and i cant really go to teacher to mark as the paper is tomorrow morning so was wondering if anyone could mark my 12 mark question
Question : The resurrection was the most important event in jesus' life (12 marks)
my answer as follows:
On the one hand, it can be argued that the resurrection was the most important event in Jessus' life. This is because if Jesus did not ressurect, there would be no Christian faith as the resurrection symbolises good over evil. As a result, the ressurection is the most important.
On the other hand, it could be argued that the ascension was more important than the resurrection. This is because without this, Christian faith would likely not be as popular as it is now. This is because Jesus gave the great commision to his apostles which said to "make disciples of all nations and baptise them in the name of father son and holy spirit". As a result, the ascension was actually more important than the resurrection.
Whilst some believers would argue that the ascension was the most important event, overall it can be seen that the resurrection was the most important. This is because the ascension would never have happened if Jesus did not arise from the dead. That's why the statement is flawed.

is this for aqa
also y so short
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by JF ZAK
is this for aqa
also y so short

yeahh id say it was good but it was kinda short
Reply 3
as i wont be able to reply after this
as im going offline im gonna give feedback based on if it was aqa exam board
cauze i dont knw if u will be online in the morning
here it is:
Feedback
On the one hand, it can be argued that the resurrection was the most important event in Jessus' life. This is because if Jesus did not ressurect, there would be no Christian faith as the resurrection symbolises good over evil. As a result, the ressurection is the most important. (This paragraph starts well by identifying the significance of the resurrection in Christian faith. However, it would be beneficial to include a reference to Christian teachings or sacred writings to support the argument that the resurrection symbolizes good over evil.)
On the other hand, it could be argued that the ascension was more important than the resurrection. This is because without this, Christian faith would likely not be as popular as it is now. This is because Jesus gave the great commision to his apostles which said to "make disciples of all nations and baptise them in the name of father son and holy spirit". As a result, the ascension was actually more important than the resurrection. (The argument about the importance of the ascension and the Great Commission is a good counterpoint. Including a source of Christian belief or teaching would strengthen the argument by showing how the ascension is foundational for the spread of Christianity.)
Whilst some believers would argue that the ascension was the most important event, overall it can be seen that the resurrection was the most important. This is because the ascension would never have happened if Jesus did not arise from the dead. That's why the statement is flawed. (The conclusion effectively synthesizes the arguments presented and makes a clear judgment about the importance of the resurrection. To enhance this paragraph, consider including a reference to Christian teachings or sacred writings that support the idea that the ascension is dependent on the resurrection.)
Level: 3
Overall feedback: The response provides a balanced view of the importance of the resurrection and the ascension in Jesus' life. The arguments are clear and show an understanding of the significance of these events in Christian faith. To improve, the response should include references to Christian teachings or sacred writings to support the points made. This would demonstrate a deeper level of analysis and understanding of the material.
What went well: The essay presents a clear argument and considers multiple perspectives on the importance of the resurrection and ascension in Jesus' life.
Even better if: To improve, include references to Christian teachings or sacred writings to support the arguments. This will provide a stronger basis for the points made and demonstrate a more thorough understanding of Christian beliefs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending