The Student Room Group

Enzymes OCR A Biology

For examples of competivivve inhibotrs the CGP Guide gives different examples to the ocr textbook e.g. cgp has cyanide whereas ocr book has aspirin so do we need to know them all or can u choose one or the other?
Reply 1
I'm not too sure you even need to know examples. It's just the theory
Original post by Rohan007best
For examples of competivivve inhibotrs the CGP Guide gives different examples to the ocr textbook e.g. cgp has cyanide whereas ocr book has aspirin so do we need to know them all or can u choose one or the other?

on the spec it talks about competitive/non-competitive inhibititors with reference to metabolic poisons (e.g cynacide/carbon monoxide) and medicinal drugs (e.g. aspirin), i wouldn’t say we need to remember these specific exams for the exam.. if there was a question on it i’d assume that an example would be given.. or if it was just a describe question with no example you could use them as examples if appropriate?
the reference to the metabolic poisons/medicinal drugs has been taken off the new spec for the first exams being sat next year so this could come up potentially as the last time for it to be assessed😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending