The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Guests staying over

What are the rules on having guests stay over in your room? Do they have to show ID or just sign their name? This is specifically for the IQ kapa accommodation in Preston UCLAN
Original post by James Ede
What are the rules on having guests stay over in your room? Do they have to show ID or just sign their name? This is specifically for the IQ kapa accommodation in Preston UCLAN

I’m theory they have to sign in and I think it’s 3 days max stay but my daughter has never bothered signing them in
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by James Ede
Hi @James Ede,

Thanks for your question. IQ Kopa is a private halls located near our Preston campus but I do know that overnight guests are allowed. If you are staying here or in any of our UCLan student accommodation, in order to have a guest stay over you will need to attend the residences office and obtain a guest pass by getting signatures from your flatmates so they agree to the overnight guest.

If security find a non-resident who wasn't in possession of a guest pass there's a chance they'd be asked to leave the premises.

I hope this helps,
Sarah
Original post by Anonymous
I’m theory they have to sign in and I think it’s 3 days max stay but my daughter has never bothered signing them in

I'm considering pursuing a career with PRESTON UCLAN, as it seems like a great option. What subject might be a good pick considering criminality for Brighton Uni due to its collaboration with prisons and the police Thank you for reading.
Original post by miguelkol
I'm considering pursuing a career with PRESTON UCLAN, as it seems like a great option. What subject might be a good pick considering criminality for Brighton Uni due to its collaboration with prisons and the police Thank you for reading.
Hi @MiguelKol,

Great to see that you are interested in studying here at UCLan. If you are looking to study Criminology, we have a range of fantastic courses that you can explore here.

Here at UCLan we have a great network of working partnerships in many professional environments including Lancashire Constabulary, Cumbria & Lancashire Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC), HM Prison Service and more. Many students who have graduated from our Criminology & Criminal Justice course have followed career paths with:

UK Border Agency

Greater Manchester Police (GMP)

Local prisons

Educational institutions

If you have questions on any of our courses or about student life here at UCLan, I'd be more than happy to help.

All the best,
Sarah
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @MiguelKol,
Great to see that you are interested in studying here at UCLan. If you are looking to study Criminology, we have a range of fantastic courses that you can explore here.
Here at UCLan we have a great network of working partnerships in many professional environments including Lancashire Constabulary, Cumbria & Lancashire Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC), HM Prison Service and more. Many students who have graduated from our Criminology & Criminal Justice course have followed career paths with:

UK Border Agency

Greater Manchester Police (GMP)

Local prisons

Educational institutions

If you have questions on any of our courses or about student life here at UCLan, I'd be more than happy to help.
All the best,
Sarah

What other courses have great prestige in UCALN?
Original post by MiguelKol
What other courses have great prestige in UCALN?
Hi @MiguelKol,

What other subject areas are you interested in as we have a wide range of courses across our campuses here at UCLan that I'd love to share more information about.

Many thanks,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending