The Student Room Group

GDL where to study?

Hello, I am an international student . I want to be a barrister so I choose to complete GDL . I had get conditional letter for GDL from City University of London & University of Law, London- Bloomsbury. However, I somehow failed to achieve the IELTS requirement for City that was 7 overall however got 6.5 that is required for ULaw. I am not interested to seat for IELTS again.
So, I choose ULAW for GDL. Also, I have other options as almost all the university except CITY Asked for 6.5 overall IELTs.
Should I go for ULAW London Bloomsbury? or Should I Apply for any other university?
NB: London is my priority .
Original post by username6998264
Hello, I am an international student . I want to be a barrister so I choose to complete GDL . I had get conditional letter for GDL from City University of London & University of Law, London- Bloomsbury. However, I somehow failed to achieve the IELTS requirement for City that was 7 overall however got 6.5 that is required for ULaw. I am not interested to seat for IELTS again.
So, I choose ULAW for GDL. Also, I have other options as almost all the university except CITY Asked for 6.5 overall IELTs.
Should I go for ULAW London Bloomsbury? or Should I Apply for any other university?

Please answer here
Original post by username6998264

Hi,

I studied the GDL at Ulaw and thought it was very good. I found the teaching to be of a high quality and the structure easy to learn from. I also think Ulaw has an excellent support team for building your CV and progressing in your future career. On a practical note, you can go on to study the BPC at Ulaw afterwards which will allow you to already be confident with your campus and the staff before beginning that course. Also, there is a discount for studying both courses at Ulaw which is always helpful when, unfortunately, there are high expenses on the road to becoming a barrister.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending