The Student Room Group

Am i entitled to special support loan?

i’ve received an email asking for evidence in order to receive a special support loan. from my understanding , this is for people who are like parents or receive some form of benefits due to disability etc. i do have severe depression and anxiety, but wasn’t sure if that’s what it was in regards to - my dad is disabled and receives PIP and has been on statutory sick pay for close to a year. i do not receive any form of benefits. i have been asked to submit evidence but i’m unsure wether this is to do with me or my fathers disabilities?
Original post by katiellsmithx
i’ve received an email asking for evidence in order to receive a special support loan. from my understanding , this is for people who are like parents or receive some form of benefits due to disability etc. i do have severe depression and anxiety, but wasn’t sure if that’s what it was in regards to - my dad is disabled and receives PIP and has been on statutory sick pay for close to a year. i do not receive any form of benefits. i have been asked to submit evidence but i’m unsure wether this is to do with me or my fathers disabilities?

Hi Katie,

You can just disregard that request as we'd only assess you for it if it was you applying for the benefits. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply