The Student Room Group

HELP!! could i get penalized for this?!

today i wrote the IAL edexcel economics paper 1.

section d of the paper contains an option question (either q13 or q14) and it is a 20 mark essay question.

as i was writing my answer, i wrote down the points i was going to make and ticked them off as i wrote them down, but i wasn’t thinking straight (lets blame it on the stress) and i wrote them down on the table and didn’t get to erase them as i finished literally at the last second.

the exams officer messed up my business paper yesterday because i asked for extra paper and her as well as the invigilators wasted around 20 minutes of my exam time (its a 2 hour paper and has multiple long answers) and kept disrupting the exam to flip through my paper to see whether giving me additional paper was necessary. theres a whole issue regarding that but that’s secondary.

today, the same exams officer collected the papers, and she took a picture of the pointers i made along with a calculation that i roughly worked out (also on the table) because the question it was for was a theory question, not a calculation one - so there was no working space provided.

i assumed she had an issue with this because it was school property or something like that but she said it would have to be reported in the file that they would send to the board regarding how the exam went overall. she said the board might view this as malpractice even though i explained to her that there was no space for me to make these notes as we were very clearly instructed not to write anywhere else on the paper. i asked if this would be an issue and she said she does not know.

according to the pearson website, malpractice is clearly defined as any sort of cheating, plagiarism, or bringing study material INTO the exam hall, none of which happened. i made these notes from my own memory. an invigilator made us empty our pockets before entering the exam hall too so there was no way i could have brought any material in.

on top of that, there were only 4 people in the entire room, and one invigilator who must have seen me writing on the table (the same one who made us empty our pockets)

do you guys think this would be an issue? the guidelines clearly define malpractice and this doesn’t fit any of that criteria.

genuinely at a loss because i gave everything into that exam and it was a GREAT paper, only for this to happen.
Did u pick question 13 or 14?
Also I don’t think it should be a problem as u didn’t bring anything into the exam hall. I don’t see why u would get penalised for it.

I picked question 14 and drew an indirect tax diagram and a negative externality from consumption diagram
Reply 2
Original post by emj.j
today i wrote the IAL edexcel economics paper 1.
section d of the paper contains an option question (either q13 or q14) and it is a 20 mark essay question.
as i was writing my answer, i wrote down the points i was going to make and ticked them off as i wrote them down, but i wasn’t thinking straight (lets blame it on the stress) and i wrote them down on the table and didn’t get to erase them as i finished literally at the last second.
the exams officer messed up my business paper yesterday because i asked for extra paper and her as well as the invigilators wasted around 20 minutes of my exam time (its a 2 hour paper and has multiple long answers) and kept disrupting the exam to flip through my paper to see whether giving me additional paper was necessary. theres a whole issue regarding that but that’s secondary.
today, the same exams officer collected the papers, and she took a picture of the pointers i made along with a calculation that i roughly worked out (also on the table) because the question it was for was a theory question, not a calculation one - so there was no working space provided.
i assumed she had an issue with this because it was school property or something like that but she said it would have to be reported in the file that they would send to the board regarding how the exam went overall. she said the board might view this as malpractice even though i explained to her that there was no space for me to make these notes as we were very clearly instructed not to write anywhere else on the paper. i asked if this would be an issue and she said she does not know.
according to the pearson website, malpractice is clearly defined as any sort of cheating, plagiarism, or bringing study material INTO the exam hall, none of which happened. i made these notes from my own memory. an invigilator made us empty our pockets before entering the exam hall too so there was no way i could have brought any material in.
on top of that, there were only 4 people in the entire room, and one invigilator who must have seen me writing on the table (the same one who made us empty our pockets)
do you guys think this would be an issue? the guidelines clearly define malpractice and this doesn’t fit any of that criteria.
genuinely at a loss because i gave everything into that exam and it was a GREAT paper, only for this to happen.

There are a lot of unprofessional invigilators and a lot of disrespectful students. But your case of paper is not good enough and you should have paper if asked and given in a timely manner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending