The Student Room Group

SFE, Bursary OPT out, evidence

English student, full time, undergrad

I called SFE yesterday about me opting out of the NHS Wales bursary to receive the maximum maintenance (i did the whole process of emailing and forwarding the code).

SFE advised me to submit my application even though the SFE application assumes that I'm taking the bursary, thus only getting around £2000 maintenance. I was then told to upload 2 documents on my application after submitting them (i filled them out but haven’t uploaded them yet).

My questions are:
Is this process correct? Im scared that i took a risk I shouldn't have :frown:

Should I upload the documents now because an advisor told me or should i upload them when SFE asks? (I don't want to delay my application)

If SFE asks for more evidence, will I be notified via email?
Original post by oilfordinner
English student, full time, undergrad
I called SFE yesterday about me opting out of the NHS Wales bursary to receive the maximum maintenance (i did the whole process of emailing and forwarding the code).
SFE advised me to submit my application even though the SFE application assumes that I'm taking the bursary, thus only getting around £2000 maintenance. I was then told to upload 2 documents on my application after submitting them (i filled them out but haven’t uploaded them yet).
My questions are:
Is this process correct? Im scared that i took a risk I shouldn't have :frown:
Should I upload the documents now because an advisor told me or should i upload them when SFE asks? (I don't want to delay my application)
If SFE asks for more evidence, will I be notified via email?

Hi there, you would still submit your application. If you are not receiving the bursary you must speak with the Welsh NHS bursary service who will send you an email with a unique reference number, which confirms you won't be in receipt of the NHS bursary. Once you have received this email you must forward this to [email protected]. Once we receive this, your application will be reassessed to award you the full SFE funding package. Please be aware we are unable to take the unique reference number over the phone. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, you would still submit your application. If you are not receiving the bursary you must speak with the Welsh NHS bursary service who will send you an email with a unique reference number, which confirms you won't be in receipt of the NHS bursary. Once you have received this email you must forward this to [email protected]. Once we receive this, your application will be reassessed to award you the full SFE funding package. Please be aware we are unable to take the unique reference number over the phone. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, I have emailed the opt out code from the Welsh NHS Bursary Service to the bursary opt out email. When I try to continue with the SFE application it is still saying I can't apply for the tuition fee. It also won't let me apply for the higher maintenance loan as it still assumes that I'm applying for a bursary from the NHS. Do you know how long it takes for the opt code to be registered with SFE in order for me to continue with my application?
Thanks
Original post by Faiyza
Hi Jason, I have emailed the opt out code from the Welsh NHS Bursary Service to the bursary opt out email. When I try to continue with the SFE application it is still saying I can't apply for the tuition fee. It also won't let me apply for the higher maintenance loan as it still assumes that I'm applying for a bursary from the NHS. Do you know how long it takes for the opt code to be registered with SFE in order for me to continue with my application?
Thanks
I was told to fully submit my application even when the SFE application assumes I’m taking the bursary then upload two documents into my account afterwards about money.

The SFE advisor told me that the SFE will process the code when the application is submitted.

I hope this is right because I fully submitted my application :frown:
I was told to fully submit my application even when the SFE application assumes I’m taking the bursary then upload two documents into my account afterwards about money.
The SFE advisor told me that the SFE will process the code when the application is submitted.
I hope this is right because I fully submitted my application :frown:

That's correct. They will process this accordingly for you so do keep an eye on your account for an update shortly. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
That's correct. They will process this accordingly for you so do keep an eye on your account for an update shortly. Thanks, Jason
Hiya, thank you for your help :smile:
Should I upload the two documents or should I wait until I’m asked to do so?

I was told my the advisor to do it but from what I read, uploading things that SFE hasn’t officially asked for can delay the application? Unsure what to do here.

Thanks again
Hiya, thank you for your help :smile:
Should I upload the two documents or should I wait until I’m asked to do so?
I was told my the advisor to do it but from what I read, uploading things that SFE hasn’t officially asked for can delay the application? Unsure what to do here.
Thanks again

It wouldn't delay the application but this is entirely up to you. Unless we've requested evidence specifically you wouldn't need to send this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending