The Student Room Group

What does this email from student finance mean about my uni maintenance loan?

I'm currently a year 13 student and I've applied for uni, and student finance, starting in September 2024. I got this email from student finance today. For context, my parents are divorced and I don't live with my father, so my household income is purely based on my mother's income. So my mother has to send them proof that she's divorced/a single parent basically, which she is going to do ASAP. I was just confused by the phrasing of the email if they're saying that my loan amount will be updated as soon as they've seen/processed the proof, or if they're saying that it won't be updated until my second year of uni for some reason? I am in the lowest household income bracket so I believe I should be getting the full maintenance loan, and if I didn't get it for this year I'd have trouble affording everything.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by College student2
I'm currently a year 13 student and I've applied for uni, and student finance, starting in September 2024. I got this email from student finance today. For context, my parents are divorced and I don't live with my father, so my household income is purely based on my mother's income. So my mother has to send them proof that she's divorced/a single parent basically, which she is going to do ASAP. I was just confused by the phrasing of the email if they're saying that my loan amount will be updated as soon as they've seen/processed the proof, or if they're saying that it won't be updated until my second year of uni for some reason? I am in the lowest household income bracket so I believe I should be getting the full maintenance loan, and if I didn't get it for this year I'd have trouble affording everything.

Hi there, it means once the evidence is received and processed then your funding would be corrected to the higher amount. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, it means once the evidence is received and processed then your funding would be corrected to the higher amount. Thanks, Jason

Great, thank you!
Original post by College student2
Great, thank you!

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply