The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

UCL vs. Imperial

I'm an international student (from Canada) and I have offers from both UCL (for neuroscience) and Imperial (for medical biosciences). I would like to go into medicine after taking my undergrad (but I couldn't apply because I'm not 18). I'm having a hard time deciding which offer to take as both universities are very prestigious. Rankings wise, UCL has one of the best neuroscience programs worldwide while Imperial is generally regarded as more prestigious with a lower acceptance rate but I don't want to base my uni choice solely on rankings. I was wondering if there were any alumni or current students who may be able to provide me some insight on which offer to take (campuses, course content/teaching, social life, accommodation, location, clubs & societies, etc.) factoring in wanting to take medicine postgrad and just the undergrad degrees if I don't end up going to med school (ie: which degree will give more job opportunities). Thanks !! :smile:
Reply 1
Are you planning on doing medicine in the UK?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I am probably going to apply to med schools in the US, Canada and the UK and I don't really have a preference for which I would prefer.

Quick Reply