The Student Room Group

Flat mate Is a pervert

So my little sister came to stay with me at the flat and my sister met all my flat mates she stayed with me for a couple days because my mums been a bit sick so I wanted to give her a break for a little bit but they was one flat mate who shown a real interest in the few days she was her whilst leaving she seemed a bit distressed I could tell something was up but she just said she was just worried about mum but I assured her that she was going to be fine I get a phone call from my mum to say something happened when she was leaving the flat apparently my flat mate proposed a deal when she was coming out the toilet and the deal was would she sell him her knickers for £50 she ran down the stairs immediately and didn’t say anything to me I feel like I should report this but my sister doesn’t want to and just wants to forget about it
How do I proceed with this as I have to live with this person for the remainder of my studies

I forget to mention my sister is fourteen years old which he was aware of
Reply 1
Original post by Melmel05
So my little sister came to stay with me at the flat and my sister met all my flat mates she stayed with me for a couple days because my mums been a bit sick so I wanted to give her a break for a little bit but they was one flat mate who shown a real interest in the few days she was her whilst leaving she seemed a bit distressed I could tell something was up but she just said she was just worried about mum but I assured her that she was going to be fine I get a phone call from my mum to say something happened when she was leaving the flat apparently my flat mate proposed a deal when she was coming out the toilet and the deal was would she sell him her knickers for £50 she ran down the stairs immediately and didn’t say anything to me I feel like I should report this but my sister doesn’t want to and just wants to forget about it
How do I proceed with this as I have to live with this person for the remainder of my studies
I forget to mention my sister is fourteen years old which he was aware of
Yep, I would defo report this. It’s weird, predatory behaviour. Would he have done this to a confident 30 year old woman? Unlikely.
Your instincts are good and it’s a tricky situation. Sometimes protecting people isn’t easy, but it is the right thing to do.
If he would proposition a mate’s 14 year old sister like this, God knows what he would do to random women.
Best of luck.
I am sorry to hear that! But would appreciate if better punctuations are used.
Original post by ABBAForever2015

Seriously?? That's all you're thinking about? Weird behaviour. Let me just nitpick your comment:

Don't start sentences with 'but' - that's not very formal.
Additionally, the sentence should read as follows: However, I would have appreciated it if better punctuation was used'

Hope that helps! <3
Reply 4
Original post by abbaforever2015

You have pluralised the word ‘punctuation’ unnecessarily, which is odd in a complaint about writing and, given the subject of the post you’re moaning about, your criticism is bizarre…
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by MissTeee
You have pluralised the word ‘punctuation’ unnecessarily, which is odd in a complaint about writing but, given the subject of the post you’re moaning about, it’s bizarre…

OK!
Reply 6
So I think I’m going to report him at some point.

It seems they had a rather interesting conversation on instagram and she somehow agreed to sell him some which isn’t going to happen I’m afraid!

She left her instagram logged on my PC while she was here I phoned mum how she was and she said sisters looking for an envelope for some reason…
It seems they had a rather interesting conversation on instagram and she somehow agreed to sell him some which isn’t going to happen I’m afraid!
She left her instagram logged on my PC while she was here I phoned mum how she was and she said sisters looking for an envelope for some reason…

this is very creepy, definitely report him ASAP, it sounds like your sister is being groomed by a predator
maybe ask if your mom can check the mail before your sister gets it so as to find info about this man, going through the mail would be perfectly legal as your sister is still a minor, which makes this whole situation so much worse
Reply 8
Original post by mysteryyygirl86
this is very creepy, definitely report him ASAP, it sounds like your sister is being groomed by a predator
maybe ask if your mom can check the mail before your sister gets it so as to find info about this man, going through the mail would be perfectly legal as your sister is still a minor, which makes this whole situation so much worse

I’ve arranged to meet her tomorrow for lunch to have a word with her.

From what I read it he tried to laugh it off as a joke but more into the conversations about how mum was doing etc the thought of how much money would he pay seemed to be a recurring question from her end.

We don’t come from a privileged background but I feel like perhaps I should have a sisterly word with her that it’s not appropriate for a girl her age to sell her dirty knickers to my flat mate more importantly an older man.

Most of the conversations just seems to be about about her knickers there has been no requests for nude pictures videos etc.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Seriously?? That's all you're thinking about? Weird behaviour. Let me just nitpick your comment:
Additionally, the sentence should read as follows: However, I would have appreciated it if better punctuation was used'
Hope that helps! <3
However, I would have appreciated it if better punctuation were used
Reply 10
If your sister wants to found a sweaty-knicker empire when she’s an adult, fair enough. Until then, as a minor, she absolutely needs protecting from creepy weirdos.
Well done for stepping up.
👍🏻
I’ve arranged to meet her tomorrow for lunch to have a word with her.
From what I read it he tried to laugh it off as a joke but more into the conversations about how mum was doing etc the thought of how much money would he pay seemed to be a recurring question from her end.
We don’t come from a privileged background but I feel like perhaps I should have a sisterly word with her that it’s not appropriate for a girl her age to sell her dirty knickers to my flat mate more importantly an older man.
Most of the conversations just seems to be about about her knickers there has been no requests for nude pictures videos etc.
that sounds great, just make sure you don't come off as too accusing, it could cause her to shut you out, etc. be patient with her as well. good luck, glad you're taking care of your sis
Assuming that all has actually happened, and it's not just a hearsay, if anyone had approached my sister with such a proposal, I don't know if I'd be able to control myself from breaking a few bones in that person's body, which is why I don't understand the pondering here - definitely have a word with the guy and/or report him, if that's possible considering the potential lack of ... sufficient evidence (do you have any records of them having such conversations in sms texts or other apps DMs?).

Keep in touch with your sister and comfort her as much as you can and reaffirm her to say that she needs to be vigilant about these kinds of situations and she must tell you and whoever she trusts if anything like that ever happens again with this guy or anyone else.

Also, the guy being your flatmate or whatever is no excuse for such behaviour. Disgusting.
Original post by Anonymous
Hope that helps! <3

Get a life
Original post by username5756102
Get a life

you’re also contributing massively, get a life urself mate

Quick Reply