The Student Room Group

Psychology degree

Hello!!

Im starting my undergrad psychology with Criminology course at sussex in september. I haven't studied psychology before and although i know that isnt a requirement for the course, i would like to have an idea of the subject before September. Is there any books/podcasts/courses etc. That anyone can reccomend for me to have a look at?

Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Gabbiey
Hello!!
Im starting my undergrad psychology with Criminology course at sussex in september. I haven't studied psychology before and although i know that isnt a requirement for the course, i would like to have an idea of the subject before September. Is there any books/podcasts/courses etc. That anyone can reccomend for me to have a look at?

Hii...I have also just completed with my schooling and now I am preparing for college. I am going to study psychology only and first of all so amazing you are studying psychology, it's interesting. Now because u want to know a bit about the subject I will suggest you two books that I read in my school. These are NCERT Books of psychology subject. Idk where u r from. I am from India and in our school almost all the books of our subjects are of NCERT in which u get the most basic information and if u read them further u are levelling up...I will attach the link of the books below coz I doubt u would get there in any other country if u r not indian...All the best and if u would like could we please keep touch somehow coz we have the same subjects so I would like to know more about the curriculum there!!! here are the links https://ncert.nic.in/textbook/pdf/kepy1ps.pdf (if the link doesn't open u can search on google this- NCERT Class 11th psychlogy book pdf) and if u complete this book u can study class 12th one...just type class 12th instead of class 11th..I can help a lot I have a lot of knowledge about psychology and I want to research in ORENIEOLOGY(STUDY OF DREAMS) Further.
Original post by Gabbiey
Hello!!

Hi there,

I was in much the same position as yourself, so I read Psychology: a degree in a book, by Alan Porter. It covers the basics of psychology pretty well :smile:
Original post by Gabbiey
Hello!!

@Gabbiey
Excellent recommendation above, the Simply Psychology website is good too.

For studying at BSc and MSc level, Coolican - 'Research methods and statistics in Psychology' is a great book to progress onto for the research methods

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply