The Student Room Group

Child of migrant worker/ student finance

hello,
I applied for student finance as an eu national. i was granted only tuition loan (i didnt apply for maintenance because apparently, im classed as tuition-fee only student). i have pre-settled status, lived in the UK for 3 years as of last year december. Can i apply now as a child of migrant worker, even though i only applied as an eu national before. My mom has a settled status and works currently.
Hi caenic274,

Yes, you can still apply as the Child of a Migrant Worker. If you currently have a tuition fee only application you will need to send us an SFE PN1 application form with your employment evidence and proof of relationship to your Migrant Worker parent (contract, last 3 months' payslips, birth certificate)

You can access the PN1 form here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

The application will then need to go through the Transfer of Ownership process so we cannot give a set timescale as to when it will be processed

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi caenic274,
Yes, you can still apply as the Child of a Migrant Worker. If you currently have a tuition fee only application you will need to send us an SFE PN1 application form with your employment evidence and proof of relationship to your Migrant Worker parent (contract, last 3 months' payslips, birth certificate)
You can access the PN1 form here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms
The application will then need to go through the Transfer of Ownership process so we cannot give a set timescale as to when it will be processed
Thanks,
Calum

Employment evidence? My parents support me fully. So if i apply as a child of a migrant worker not migrant worker with their employment evidence, will i be granted.
Also, my tuition fee application is being scheduled, if i do apply for maintenance, will my tuition fee be affected?
Original post by caenic274
Employment evidence? My parents support me fully. So if i apply as a child of a migrant worker not migrant worker with their employment evidence, will i be granted.
Also, my tuition fee application is being scheduled, if i do apply for maintenance, will my tuition fee be affected?

Hi there,

Can you confirm your age?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Hi,
I'm 19 going to 20 this year. I have plans of applying for bank support worker but i'm currently on placemnt so can't.
thank you.
Original post by caenic274
Hi,
I'm 19 going to 20 this year. I have plans of applying for bank support worker but i'm currently on placemnt so can't.
thank you.

If your parent is a EU/EEA national and living and working in the UK during your studies, then you can apply as a child of a Migrant Worker. If the application is accepted, this will override your Tuition Fee only application.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending