The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

St Pancras Way

Hey, I just got an offer for a single ensuite in St. Pancras way and wondering what it was like as I haven't seen any of the ucl accom irl. How are the facilities, location, social life etc. (Is it really as far from the main ucl campus as people online make it out to be?) So if any current students can drop a reply it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Do you mean Unite St Pancras Way? I have a friend from my course who stays there. She is current Year 1. She is a really positive person and it's been fine for her. You would be fine too. It's a longer walk than the other UOL accommodations but it's totally doable. https://www.unitestudents.com/london/st-pancras-way I used to think 20 min walk was all that I wanted to do but over time, even 45 min walks are nothing (except in the rain!)

You won't be the only UCL student and you will have company walking the route to UCL. Make friends. Say Hi and ask to walk with someone. Don't be a loner!

Take the normal precautions, and avoid being out late at night (whenever possible, walk with a friend). Keep your phone out of sight!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Thanks I got the same accommodation was really hoping to get somewhere close by like Astor college
Thanks I got the same accommodation was really hoping to get somewhere close by like Astor college

Same! It’s so expensive as well 😞
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I just got an offer for a single ensuite in St. Pancras way and wondering what it was like as I haven't seen any of the ucl accom irl. How are the facilities, location, social life etc. (Is it really as far from the main ucl campus as people online make it out to be?) So if any current students can drop a reply it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey!! So I was in St Pancras Way last year and honestly I really loved it! In terms of UCL halls, I think it is by far one of the best. It is modern and newly refurbished and the facilities are great, there are three common rooms (one huge one, one including pool tables and table tennis and one with a piano and library), one study room, two large terraces and a rooftop terrace on floor seven, as well as a movie room. There is a 24/7 help desk and security, as well as lockers for amazon packages. It is slightly further away from campus being closer to Kingscross, but that is useful as the more social halls are that way anyway, and you're closer to transport links (like Kings Cross and St Pancras)+ the walk to UCL doesn't take too long anyway. I think the distance is overstated, especially considering the fact that most people in second year live MILES out. like the distance really isn't that bad, maybe 20 min walk max. Nearby is also Camden and Mornington Crescent and also an Aldi which is a lifesaver with the food shop as the prices are amazing. Overall I really loved staying at St Pancras Way, it's generally a social hall with the coolest facilities and a great value for money in my opinion. You'll visit other halls and thank god you got an offer for St Pancras Way, because tbh...most of the others do not compare.
Same! It’s so expensive as well 😞

Prices have increased hugely, when I was there last year it was 285 per week for a single ensuite...now it's INSANE
Reply 6
Original post by studywantoinette
Hey!! So I was in St Pancras Way last year and honestly I really loved it! In terms of UCL halls, I think it is by far one of the best. It is modern and newly refurbished and the facilities are great, there are three common rooms (one huge one, one including pool tables and table tennis and one with a piano and library), one study room, two large terraces and a rooftop terrace on floor seven, as well as a movie room. There is a 24/7 help desk and security, as well as lockers for amazon packages. It is slightly further away from campus being closer to Kingscross, but that is useful as the more social halls are that way anyway, and you're closer to transport links (like Kings Cross and St Pancras)+ the walk to UCL doesn't take too long anyway. I think the distance is overstated, especially considering the fact that most people in second year live MILES out. like the distance really isn't that bad, maybe 20 min walk max. Nearby is also Camden and Mornington Crescent and also an Aldi which is a lifesaver with the food shop as the prices are amazing. Overall I really loved staying at St Pancras Way, it's generally a social hall with the coolest facilities and a great value for money in my opinion. You'll visit other halls and thank god you got an offer for St Pancras Way, because tbh...most of the others do not compare.

Thanks so much!! Honestly feel so much better reading this as all the posts i've seen related to St Pancras are room swap requests. 😂
Would you say that there is a lot of home students or is it mostly international?

thank you for your information, it is very useful!
Reply 8
Are there any Gyms nearby
Thanks so much!! Honestly feel so much better reading this as all the posts i've seen related to St Pancras are room swap requests. 😂
Would you say that there is a lot of home students or is it mostly international?

My Flat had 7 people in it, 3 of us were home students and the others were international. But UCL is a very international university so most classes are like this too. Don't let the fear mongering about international students get to you. My best friends are all international and they are the best people I've ever met!
My Flat had 7 people in it, 3 of us were home students and the others were international. But UCL is a very international university so most classes are like this too. Don't let the fear mongering about international students get to you. My best friends are all international and they are the best people I've ever met!

Thank you so much for your insight! Its been really helpful
Thank you so much for your insight! Its been really helpful

No worries!
Are there any Gyms nearby
Yes, I believe theres a pure gym on Camden High Street, and then u can also go to Euston Fitness or Bloomsbury Fitness closer to campus
Reply 13
Yes, I believe theres a pure gym on Camden High Street, and then u can also go to Euston Fitness or Bloomsbury Fitness closer to campus

Thanks

Quick Reply