The Student Room Group

Anyone need advice for GCSEs this year?

I did AQA English Language, Literature, History, German, Maths, Geography, Biology and Chemistry two years ago. I might be able to help, anyway hope so ☺️

Scroll to see replies

Pls can u help with maths im doing higher but i can barely scrape a 4 and im scared i wont pass it this year :frown: the first paper is next week on Thursday
Original post by violet_07
Pls can u help with maths im doing higher but i can barely scrape a 4 and im scared i wont pass it this year :frown: the first paper is next week on Thursday

Ok so try Gcse maths tutors youtube channel
Original post by Asdghjnhtjjgu
I did AQA English Language, Literature, History, German, Maths, Geography, Biology and Chemistry two years ago. I might be able to help, anyway hope so ☺️

Eng lit tips ?? 💀😭

He dies loads of examples and covers the whole syllabus. Do loads if examples. If you haven't done any past papers, do them now. See where you go wrong and find out which kind of questions would be easiest for you to tryand tackle,☺️
Original post by Intrepiful989
Eng lit tips ?? 💀😭

Mr salles youtube channel is really good. Don't forget if you waffle about certain themes you will get more marks. Try and look for student exemplars. What books are you doing?
Original post by Hannahblossom
Mr salles youtube channel is really good. Don't forget if you waffle about certain themes you will get more marks. Try and look for student exemplars. What books are you doing?

Also have you got the right revision books? It might be a bit late but if you can find a good revision book it could make a difference of a grade. Mr bruff does some good ones
Eng lit tips ?? 💀😭

Sorry I replied to myself 😂 Try some new revision books for example MrBruff. Also if you're really really struggling (would help if you told me what you got in mocks) you can use chatgpt (not cheating though 😂 ) to give you the top 5 or 10 themes you can write about. Most important of all, look at the mark scheme. I know it makes no sense but try and look for clues as to how to word things. Don't just narrate what happens in the book. Talkj about deeper issues such as trust, identity etc
Also have you got the right revision books? It might be a bit late but if you can find a good revision book it could make a difference of a grade. Mr bruff does some good ones

Macbeth Christian’s Carol animal farm love and relationships 💀😭

Do a past paper and look very carefully at where you went wrong. Hope this helps. Just to let you know I got a 4 too in my mock but got a 7 in the end because - mark schemes, youtube videos, active revision and explaining things to other ppl.

Ok well I did animal farm. What's were your mock results
Ok well I did animal farm. What's were your mock results

4 Eng lang 7 Eng lit

Go online, search alternative interpretations of macbeth etc. I just did it and it came up with: Shakespeare's criticising how society denies women their own freedom and autonomy. I don't know if this will help, but it's a good idea to try and think like some weird pschologist - think of any hidden morals or problematic issues you could find in any of the books
4 Eng lang 7 Eng lit
Ok do as many past papers as you can, now. Then for literature, prepare some answers that look like top grade exemplars. Think about why that answer is topgrade and yours isn't. Does it use words like imply, suggest, implications? Memorise your answer. You can use the same format. Also for English language, are you good at writing stories?
Ok do as many past papers as you can, now. Then for literature, prepare some answers that look like top grade exemplars. Think about why that answer is topgrade and yours isn't. Does it use words like imply, suggest, implications? Memorise your answer. You can use the same format. Also for English language, are you good at writing stories?

I created a list of all the story questions aqa ever asked, and I wrote five stories, combining as many elements as I could. And I memorised them. You might get a completely different question but you could still use elements of it. Use similes. Look at exemplars. Describe all the senses, not all at once though. Th
Eng lit tips ?? 💀😭

By the way I'm the OP, I accidentally posted this with my brother's account

Try not to sweat it either. Just do loads of examples, drink enough water, get sleep, don't scroll on social media and get fresh air. I know it sounds like annoying parents but it made a difference for me ☺️
Reply 17
English lit and lang
Original post by T_sum
English lit and lang

Mr salles videos are better than mr bruffs. What did you get in your mocks? Read the replies further up about lit and lang. I will reply to you later on today with some more info and help☺️
Original post by T_sum
English lit and lang

Most important thing is to look at the mark scheme, and compare your answers to exemplars. Copy the wording

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending