The Student Room Group

Will i be autorejected? Place ur bets

I applied to a certain uk uni that is known for 'taking its time' with applications...

Also have i been waitlisted???

Do u think i will be auto rejected or could i get an offer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I applied to a certain uk uni that is known for 'taking its time' with applications...

Unfortunately you haven't provided much useful information upon which anyone could hazard a guess.

The only information we have is that you've applied to a university which is known for taking it's time when it comes to responding, and that you've yet to receive a response. Which is exactly what one would expect from a university known for taking it's time to respond. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

If it's Bath then you should have heard back by now.... Check emails (especially spam) and the application tracker, to make sure that there's nothing outstanding that you need to do.

If it's a London Uni *cough* (Kings) *cough* I wouldn't hold your breath.

As above, these are just guesses though. It would help if you told us.

At this stage, it would probably be best to phone the university first thing on Monday morning and ask when you can expect a decision. You say 'certain UK uni', which suggests to me that you're an international student?
Waitlisted - subject?
It’s a shame UCAS don’t impose financial penalties on universities that don’t make decisions before the Reject by Default deadlines.
Ok guys since u were so insistent...it is St.Andrews in scotland. The course is languages...It's such a great uni i wanna go!!!!
Reply 6
Original post by Gcwwchuhvcexcgyh
Ok guys since u were so insistent...it is St.Andrews in scotland. The course is languages...It's such a great uni i wanna go!!!!

I wouldn't expect a language course to take this long. Call them tomorrow and find out.
Original post by mesub
I wouldn't expect a language course to take this long. Call them tomorrow and find out.

Think i might just wait until the 15th...but if u think im missing something let me know what it is😀

People were still getting rejections last friday...
Phone St Andrews - they could be waiting for you to send some info etc - if you wait until the deadline it could be too late.
Think i might just wait until the 15th...but if u think im missing something let me know what it is😀

People were still getting rejections last friday...

Don’t wait.
RING. Check that you haven’t missed any communication from them and if there’s no issues at your end check if they’re expecting to make a decision before the RBD deadline.
Ask for the name and job title of whoever you speak to and ask them to confirm anything that they say in writing by email.
Original post by PQ
Don’t wait.
RING. Check that you haven’t missed any communication from them and if there’s no issues at your end check if they’re expecting to make a decision before the RBD deadline.
Ask for the name and job title of whoever you speak to and ask them to confirm anything that they say in writing by email.
I appreciate the advice guys!!! Keep it coming 🥰🤩❤️

The thing is I have checked UCAS and I have checked St Andrews applicant website portal and I uploaded what they asked for and I have no new messages on there... i'm usually quite organised with stuff like that as well..

One of my mates said if i rang them they could hold maybe hold it against me in their decision making process..(as in I could across as if i felt entitled to an offer or something) .but this seems paranoid to say the least...🤐

The one big thing is that literally last thursday and friday rejection were coming in so obviously their admissions team is still busy...

Also St.Andrews is famous for giving out offers/rejections a lot later to most uk unis...if u google it it comes up straight away...so i wanna be patient...

Any careers teachers online on a sunday night?🤔
Phone them.
Reply 12
I appreciate the advice guys!!! Keep it coming 🥰🤩❤️
The thing is I have checked UCAS and I have checked St Andrews applicant website portal and I uploaded what they asked for and I have no new messages on there... i'm usually quite organised with stuff like that as well..
One of my mates said if i rang them they could hold maybe hold it against me in their decision making process..(as in I could across as if i felt entitled to an offer or something) .but this seems paranoid to say the least...🤐
The one big thing is that literally last thursday and friday rejection were coming in so obviously their admissions team is still busy...
Also St.Andrews is famous for giving out offers/rejections a lot later to most uk unis...if u google it it comes up straight away...so i wanna be patient...
Any careers teachers online on a sunday night?🤔

I mean you're surrounded by admissions staff (PQ and McGinger) who are telling you to phone them as soon as possible.... but at the end of the day it's up to you if you do that.

They won't hold it against you, they've got much better things to worry about than that.
Original post by DataVenia
Unfortunately you haven't provided much useful information upon which anyone could hazard a guess.
The only information we have is that you've applied to a university which is known for taking it's time when it comes to responding, and that you've yet to receive a response. Which is exactly what one would expect from a university known for taking it's time to respond. :smile:

Sorry ..read the threas
I understand where u guys are coming from but it seems like theyll just say...the deadline is 15th..please be patient etc..
I understand where u guys are coming from but it seems like theyll just say...the deadline is 15th..please be patient etc..

Possibly - but also sometimes applications and uploaded documents do get missed.
Anyone still waiting on a decision on an application submitted before the January deadline should be ringing up asap (I mean they should be ringing up in March if they haven’t heard anything and after a fortnight of providing any requested documents/information)
Thanks.I get what u mean...but i didnt do that for any of my other offers, one of which I got in the last week of april...so do u see what im saying...theres a lot of other applicants still waiting
Thanks.I get what u mean...but i didnt do that for any of my other offers, one of which I got in the last week of april...so do u see what im saying...theres a lot of other applicants still waiting

UCAS will reject all “on time” applications on Thursday.

There shouldn’t be many applicants waiting.
Where they are it’s either a complex application, a delay in receiving additional information from the application or a lack of staff at the university. In all cases worth a phone call.
Original post by McGinger
Phone St Andrews - they could be waiting for you to send some info etc - if you wait until the deadline it could be too late.

Thanks for the advice. Im not trying to be cheeky, but do u work in admissions, which uni?

Im just trying to understand the process more for their perspective
Reply 19
Thanks for the advice. Im not trying to be cheeky, but do u work in admissions, which uni?
Im just trying to understand the process more for their perspective

and why does that matter?????

I can't help but think you're very resistant to actually taking our advice and calling St Andrews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending