The Student Room Group

Work experience

Hi I’m 15 and I’m in year 10 I’m looking for work experience to leave school for two week and see what it’s like I was wondering if you can help me find one
Original post by Anaba victor
Hi I’m 15 and I’m in year 10 I’m looking for work experience to leave school for two week and see what it’s like I was wondering if you can help me find one

Hello - fellow Year 10 here! You're cutting it quite close to a lot of deadlines since work experience weeks are only in ~2 months and most places have already completed their application processes.

GPs are probably full by now but you could try ask your local GP, nearby hospital or dentist's if you're looking for a medical work experience.

Some local firms and companies also accept work experience students. Try checking out their websites and see if they offer work experience. Even if they don't state it on their website, try emailing them as they might still offer you a place (if their website states they offer apprenticeships, there's a good chance they'll be willing to accommodate work experience students).

The easiest places to get work experience would probably be local primary schools, charity shops, libraries, etc... So, if you don't have any work experience in your desired field, try asking them as the skills that you'll gain from these places will still be valuable.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending