The Student Room Group

A Message for Grow Your Grades Bloggers

Hello GYG Bloggers!! :hello:

I know that most of you will begin sitting exams over the next couple of weeks and I wanted to take the opportunity to say a couple of things after spending the academic year following your blogs and getting to know you all :smile:

You have all worked so incredibly hard over the last few months to put yourselves in the best position to achieve your goals :h: I have absolutely no doubt that you’re all going to handle whatever comes over the next few weeks with the same maturity, dedication, and good humour that you’ve brought to Grow Your Grades. Whatever happens, you should honestly all be so proud of yourselves :clap2:

I also wanted to say that sometimes things don’t go quite how we hoped or expected but it does work itself out! I won’t patronise you all with the usual ‘it’s not the end of the world’ spiel because I know how hard you’ve worked all year. But I do just want to say that back when I sat my GCSEs, my anxiety was so bad that I couldn’t even walk into the exam hall to sit my Maths GCSE :s-smilie: At the time it might have felt like a disaster but it worked out just fine. I still don’t have a single maths qualification! :redface: But I do have a funded PhD place where I’m paid to learn and do research, and I also get to work here at TSR with all you lovely people! :biggrin: Whatever happens in your exams, you’ll figure out the path that’s right for you - there are plenty of ways to get to where you want to be.

Finally, I’ve been completely blown away by the love and support you’ve shown each other over the academic year. GYG has blossomed into a real community - it feels so special and that’s completely down to all of you. The way you’ve celebrated and cared for each other has been amazing and it’s been such a joy to see you including and encouraging new bloggers. The GYG community has grown and grown but it still feels like a tight-knit group of friends :grouphugs:

Running GYG has without a doubt been the highlight of my job this past year and I’m super proud of you all. Keep supporting each other, go easy on yourselves, and good luck! :grin:

Spoiler

lilorain
x
mauufey
x
milseo
x
Mix17
x
mmmng
x
pernam
x
Scotney
x
consecutive-goal
x
Gcsestudentof24
x
HannahChadwick
x
Hannahhmontanna
x
Hatekittens12345
x
imitired
x
JF ZAK
x
Lisanurse
x
loki_blck widow
x
Lugg13
x
million.
x
Neatstudy.mirale
x
PenguinLover560
x
Qpd
x
sighhhhhhhh
x
slump
x
stemguy
x
swiftielover22
x
alice237
x
Alonepast
x
a------n
x
anxnyx
x
arjunshivpatel
x
aspir0r
x
Beast111
x
CamembertPaws
x
CatusStarbright
x
EstL
x
HadronCollider
x
Harigowre
x
hhhhhhhhhannah
x
IBella09
x
jad3msryann
x
Lauralee13
x
LaurynGold
x
lopoolll
x
measley_weasley
x
MrMudaly
x
nmaaa
x
panda41
x
psycholee
x
saddie958
x
satvicbrains
x
simrankc26
x
sk_5557
x
sldkldsa
x
Supipi Rajapakse
x
thegeek888
x
Toby.img
x
TotalFoods
x
Unkn365_ar1
x
urfaverowboat
x
yujimygoat
x
.Vvoid.
x
x
a.l.e.o
x
AAADad
x
alyssa.baird
x
anon21443524321
x
Autumn223
x
awshdkitkw777
x
BenzeneRing12
x
BigJ123
x
blubberpengi
x
Charlotte__B
x
cherryblossomed
x
Darsh Rathod
x
dbx432
x
emilyboakye
x
emma_eep
x
EssexOfficialRep
x
Hamza101010
x
howdoeslifelook
x
i_am_a_potato
x
iislam79
x
indiequeen
x
inu_okami19
x
IO bear
x
Jacky Pleasant
x
jittery-veneer
x
karotra
x
klistral
x
LalalalallOL
x
lalexm
x
lanaaa0976
x
Larryflax
x
Layla_kalsoom
x
lucabeal
x
m1sk1
x
Mara1680
x
Marthatibur
x
maveline
x
mazpapi
x
melody6v6
x
menaalh
x
monkeyman12345
x
moshistarr
x
munalove
x
musaiqbal427
x
penguingirl18
x
Rachel565
x
RainbowLapras
x
rdc2910
x
Saeeda234
x
Studentanomaly
x
studyingsam
x
TomcSixthForm
x
user111788
x
xnqvelliw
x
Yipiyap_Brooke
x
Yishu
x
youaresolovedd
x
zk1658
x
08_
x
234t5rhytnbgfvd
x
4mb8r
x
A Rolling Stone
x
A.JJ1
x
……..gjfghhfygdrh
x
aaroninho
x
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
x
Adam8905
x
Aischaj
x
aliaa03
x
ALightSnack
x
amberb2003
x
amiinthebuilding
x
Amy Oste
x
annaisadora24
x
AntonSlayer
x
anvttaa
x
✨✨✨
x
AP²
x
Aqsa.7806
x
Baobing
x
BCU Student Rep
x
bcusz
x
beatbeat
x
beautifulworld
x
BioCatalyst
x
biographical-ini
x
bl0bf1sh
x
blahblah0101
x
blessing678
x
BlueEyesHypnotiz
x
BOBWBROWN
x
Brandbe
x
Brishnee
x
caitlincm
x
cantpark
x
CaptainDuckie
x
Carmelyva
x
carnaldrax
x
cezmudie
x
cheddarchomper
x
CheeseIsVeg
x
cloudy-laser
x
Coffeemetro
x
CoolCola981
x
curly_fries
x
cvu
x
daisyellennn
x
DataVenia
x
Digitalmeta
x
direcherub
x
donna_m01
x
doorsandwindows
x
DrDirie
x
dreamteamtutor
x
dust bunny
x
ee298
x
eliaaaaa
x
ellaw6329
x
elliegovv
x
elliexmae.x
x
emmab0486
x
enoslolol
x
Ess2701
x
evangeline_wmcb
x
evelina9045
x
fairiegirl
x
fate01
x
Favour_
x
flaurie
x
freyatiktok
x
Garciia.21
x
garrick-essay
x
Giulia.T
x
Greenhouse999
x
GS1944
x
Hazard_Harvard
x
Highachiever123
x
hyacinth77
x
I love English
x
i25410
x
Iamhim123
x
ilovelemons
x
Iota_
x
isabellekast
x
israyussuf422
x
ivanita12
x
jacksmith23
x
Jannet2ester
x
JeniusJeni
x
Jlcobham8
x
Jo007
x
JTengz
x
kes1a__
x
Kiddo276
x
KLXNA
x
korey4800f
x
kwakraon
x
l_carragher
x
laceyxwoso
x
libertyalicexxx
x
limbobimbo
x
Limpbiskit
x
Lolsoup_og
x
luvhmuni
x
macsnothot
x
magical_piano
x
majapony26
x
maryam.khannn
x
marz11
x
McGinger
x
mellorevie6
x
Midnightdrive
x
MindMax2000
x
misanthrope07
x
mollslxv
x
moonchr
x
mpark28
x
mqb2766
x
NatalieUoEOnline
x
NE0NP1NK
x
nessa17
x
niyanair2018
x
nnabi
x
ohyegodsmyroast
x
ontologicalpotat
x
PAT_22
x
poopy69poopy
x
predebut han
x
Presentt
x
qqqxi119w
x
RAFPilotToBe
x
random890283
x
raya1
x
RevisionIsFun
x
rockosworld
x
Roisin1992
x
rolandka
x
rsstudent007
x
RydgvvX
x
s3r3nn
x
Sajal7777
x
sandiaduzzi
x
scarygirl2
x
School):
x
69 schoolgirl
x
Scientist66
x
Sconosciutosud
x
seagull11
x
seirial
x
SesenTESFU
x
sg.0
x
SGfan386
x
sieurSkY
x
SOAS Student Rep
x
sofiafia
x
someoneveryshort
x
Sonia334
x
sourgrls
x
starinthenight2
x
student358657963
x
SufferingBread
x
takeda
x
TasteItaly
x
Thedrueykid
x
thenonstudent
x
theodorahats
x
TiBFS
x
Trisha T
x
ua12345
x
ucandoit62837
x
UEA Rep Daniel
x
uniqueen8888
x
University of Kent
x
University of Sheffield Students
x
University of Strathclyde
x
username1592
x
wellimwarda
x
Wired_1800
x
xzyuo_137
x
Yipiyap_EthanP
x
ymj
x
zainabaderibigbe
x
Zion_2024
x

Reply 1
Original post by Pwca
I know that most of you will begin sitting exams over the next couple of weeks and I wanted to take the opportunity to say a couple of things after spending the academic year following your blogs and getting to know you all :smile:
You have all worked so incredibly hard over the last few months to put yourselves in the best position to achieve your goals :h: I have absolutely no doubt that you’re all going to handle whatever comes over the next few weeks with the same maturity, dedication, and good humour that you’ve brought to Grow Your Grades. Whatever happens, you should honestly all be so proud of yourselves :clap2:
I also wanted to say that sometimes things don’t go quite how we hoped or expected but it does work itself out! I won’t patronise you all with the usual ‘it’s not the end of the world’ spiel because I know how hard you’ve worked all year. But I do just want to say that back when I sat my GCSEs, my anxiety was so bad that I couldn’t even walk into the exam hall to sit my Maths GCSE :s-smilie: At the time it might have felt like a disaster but it worked out just fine. I still don’t have a single maths qualification! :redface: But I do have a funded PhD place where I’m paid to learn and do research, and I also get to work here at TSR with all you lovely people! :biggrin: Whatever happens in your exams, you’ll figure out the path that’s right for you - there are plenty of ways to get to where you want to be.
Finally, I’ve been completely blown away by the love and support you’ve shown each other over the academic year. GYG has blossomed into a real community - it feels so special and that’s completely down to all of you. The way you’ve celebrated and cared for each other has been amazing and it’s been such a joy to see you including and encouraging new bloggers. The GYG community has grown and grown but it still feels like a tight-knit group of friends :grouphugs:
Running GYG has without a doubt been the highlight of my job this past year and I’m super proud of you all. Keep supporting each other, go easy on yourselves, and good luck! :grin:

Spoiler

hey i know its annoying but can someone move my gyg to the gyg forum because i made the thread in gcse forum because back then i didn't know gyg forum existed please do @Pwca
Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

thank you @Pwca and good luck everyone with your academic endeavours :biggrin:!
Thank you!
thank you @Pwca and everyone for being so supportive ❤️ we're gonna smash these exams!!
Reply 5
Thank you so much @Pwca and to everyone in the gyg community for your ongoing support ❤😊
We got these exams in the bag💪💪💪
Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

Thankyou,
This really helps a lot with my emotions right now!
Reply 7
Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

this is so sweet, thank you @Pwca ❤️
good luck in exams everyone :biggrin: !!
Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

Would love to echo all of this!!! Massive well done everyone for your efforts so far this year - you're all smashing it 👏 Thank you for sharing your journeys this academic year - you've helped everyone that's posted/shared/watched the GYG forums massively.

Good luck everyone! You've put in the hard work and now it's just a case of getting that down on to paper. Remember to breathe in the exams - take your time to understand what the questions are asking you. It can feel really overwhelming in the run up to an exam but remember the hard work you've put in.

Looking forward to hearing how you all get on!! Good luck - we're rooting for you! 🤞📚️

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Hey

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending