The Student Room Group

Urgent Uni decision and questions on UCAS extra

Anyone know if it’s worth declining my only offer for Dental Tech. at Bolton and applying through UCAS extra, potentially for a completely different course? Also is there a deadline to UCAS extra (16th of May?) and do I need to rewrite my personal statement if I choose a completely different course? If anyone can reply asap that would be great, I’m just conflicted and genuinely considering a career path change and doing a course with a foundation year through extra… Oh and lastly, are the foundation year course entry requirement through extra still relatively low or do they go up because of the limited places? Thanks so much!
Reply 1
Original post by mds0306
Anyone know if it’s worth declining my only offer for Dental Tech. at Bolton and applying through UCAS extra, potentially for a completely different course? Also is there a deadline to UCAS extra (16th of May?) and do I need to rewrite my personal statement if I choose a completely different course? If anyone can reply asap that would be great, I’m just conflicted and genuinely considering a career path change and doing a course with a foundation year through extra… Oh and lastly, are the foundation year course entry requirement through extra still relatively low or do they go up because of the limited places? Thanks so much!

See my other reply about checking what's available in extra.

Extra runs between the Feb 28 and Jul 4. Entry requirements tend to be consistent or slightly lower, but you'd need to check.

You seem conflicted... Do you think it would be better to focus on your assessments and get the best grade possible and then take a gap year to decide what you truly want to do?
Reply 2
Have you
a) decided what subject you would rather go for - and why
b) phoned any Unis to find out what is still available.
c) thought about just deferring your DHT place to 2025 start just to give you some time to think.

Quick Reply